Fort Worth, TX US
CLINICAL LAB CORE 3
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Fort Worth
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth is seeking a part time Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) or a Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) for their Microbiology laboratory.
• Part Time
• 3 nights/week; Rotating nights including weekends and holidays; 10:30 PM - 7:00 AM
Required Minimum Education:
• Associates Degree for a MLT or a Bachelor Degree for a MLS (or attained within 3 months of hire).
• Preferred: Bachelor of Science degree in Medical Technology, Applied Technology, Clinical Lab Science or Chemical, Physical or Biological Science preferred (proof required). Individuals hired as a CLS II prior to January 3, 2010 will be grandfathered to the MLS position with existing education.
Required Minimum Experience:
• Internship in an approved Medical Technology training program required
• Preferred: 2 years’ experience in a Medical Laboratory
• Previous culture interpretation experience preferred
• MLT (ASCP), MT (ASCP), MLS (ASCP) OR equivalent (AMT, AAB, HHS, NCA, HEW, CLS- CA, FL, NY state license, Philippine Board of Technical Technology) OR ASCP specialty certification for specific discipline
• Registry must be passed within 3 months of hire date
• Preferred: MLT (ASCP), MT (ASCP), MLS (ASCP)
Required skills (if applicable):
• Strong positive interpersonal skills
• Ability to read, write and speak English clearly
• Problem solving ability, time management skills
• Possess organizational skills to function successfully in a fast paced work environment
• Computer literate
Job Responsibilities (Including but not limited to):
• Maintains knowledge and skills related to pre-analytic/testing, analytic/testing and post-analytic/testing for the specimen type in the assigned section/cost center
• Performs, evaluates, interprets and takes required actions on designated testing and/or data related to testing in accordance to assigned section/cost center policies and procedures. (including advanced and labor intensive testing procedures requiring extended technical knowledge and expertise)
• Maintains knowledge of computer software applications, and uses computer applications competently as related to the specific task required for each assigned job responsibility
• Maintains a working knowledge of continuous improvement and applies concepts and processes to the satisfaction of all accrediting agency requirements for the assigned section/cost center. (C.I. and documentation requirements)
• Complies with all regulatory requirements for safety, infection control, ethical behavior guidelines and billing compliance. Complies with laboratory and section/cost center guidelines, procedures and policies
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth is a 726-bed, Magnet-designated regional referral center that has served the residents of Tarrant County and surroundings communities since 1930. Hospital services include cardiovascular care, high-risk obstetrics, gynecology, orthopedics and sports medicine, neonatal intensive care, and trauma/emergency medicine. In early 2014, Texas Health Fort Worth will be opening a new 75,000 square foot Emergency Services Center, one of the largest in the region. Texas Health Fort Worth has more than 4,000 employees, 200 volunteers and nearly 1,000 physicians on its medical staff. Texas Health Fort Worth recently received national recognition for its oncology program and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Tarrant County. The hospital is also a designated Cycle III Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.