Fort Worth, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Fort Worth
Are you looking to grow your nursing knowledge and work with new patient populations?
Texas Health Fort Worth is seeking a Registered Nurse for our Resource Team to join our growing Nursing Family. We are seeking a Full-time Telemetry/Surgical/ Medical Neighborhood RN 7p-7a with some weekend and holiday requirements.
• Flexible Schedules and Shared Scheduling - Schedule is built 6 weeks at a time with ability to modify your schedule as long as 24 hour notice is provided
• Opportunity to be a mentor and Precept Graduate Nurses on the Resources Team during their Residency and work in the Dismissal Lounge
• Telemetry neighborhood have a total of 117 beds with 85 Telemetry beds which includes 4 units (2 in cardiac tele, a neuro tele and a medical / surgical tele) and our 32 bed Observation unit
• Medical and Surgical neighborhoods have over 265 beds with dedicated units in Renal / Transplant, Orthopedics, Palliative Care, Ortho Trauma, Acute Medical, Oncology, Urology / Bariatric, Neurosurgical and more
RNs hired within THR after December, 2016, require completion of BSN within 2 years of start date.
1 year experience as a clinical nurse, or completion of an RN residency program.
Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire;
Current BCLS for Healthcare Providers (AHA) upon hire
A rhythm interpretation assessment will be administered during orientation and a successful completion must be obtained within 3 months of hire.
A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
Delivers care to patients utilizing the Nursing Process • assesses the patient • plans the care of the patient • intervenes as appropriate • evaluates the effectiveness of interventions • Incorporates age specific safety/infection control measures into patient care.
• Initiates action to meet patient and/or significant others need for information • Maintains continuity of patient care inter-shift, inter-hospital, and while expediting out of hospital transfers
Maintains professional accountability
Maintains and enhances nursing skills
Serves as patient advocate
Communicates per department expectations.
Texas Health provides an environment for optimal success and we pride ourselves on providing eligible employees with a variety of great benefits which include:
• Matching 401 (K) plan, Flex Spending Accounts and a Credit Union
• Tuition reimbursement
• Wellness and Career Development Programs and Adoption Assistance
• Competitive compensation packages / Relocation Coach
• Medical, dental and vision insurance for eligible employees
• Life, AD&D and Long Term Care Insurance and Disability Coverage
• On-site Child Care and Fitness Centers (at select locations)
• Company Volunteer days
• Nursing Career Ladder and much more
“Fort Worth”, “Ft. Worth”, Texas, TX, “Registered Nurse”, RN, Nurse, Med/Surg, “Medical Surgical”, “Med Surg”, M/S, “Med-Surg”, “Medical-Surgical”, Tele, Telemetry, PCU, “Step Down”, “Step-Down”, Emergency, ED, Trauma, “Acute Care”
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth is a 726-bed, Magnet-designated regional referral center that has served the residents of Tarrant County and surroundings communities since 1930. Hospital services include cardiovascular care, high-risk obstetrics, gynecology, orthopedics and sports medicine, neonatal intensive care, and trauma/emergency medicine. In early 2014, Texas Health Fort Worth will be opening a new 75,000 square foot Emergency Services Center, one of the largest in the region. Texas Health Fort Worth has more than 4,000 employees, 200 volunteers and nearly 1,000 physicians on its medical staff. Texas Health Fort Worth recently received national recognition for its oncology program and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Tarrant County. The hospital is also a designated Cycle III Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.