Dallas, TX US
Fitness Center Phy Therapy
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Dallas
Minimum Education Requirements:
Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science or related field.
Minimum Licensure/Certification Requirements:
BCLS required upon hire
Minimum Experience Requirements:
6 months experience or completed an internship with a THR Fitness Center
Work Hours/Schedule: PRN, working the hours between 7:30am-4:00pm
JOB DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, revise and implement assigned programs' policies and procedures.
- Submits monthly report providing statistics on participation, revenue, expenses, and areas of improvement for designated program.
- Conducts scheduling, registration and execution of designated program.
- Serves as Program Manager including, but not limited to Supervised, Arthritis/PACE, MS/Parkinson's, CPR/Safety, Group Exercise, Internship Manager, Pool Operator and Floor Manager
- Provides floor/pool supervision as needed
- Functions as rehab team member as needed
- Assists with delivery of classes at CVC and with corporate/ community clients
Leadership/ Daily Program Implementation:
- Demonstrates proper exercise techniques with clear instructions
- Attentive to members fitness needs by providing spotting, blood pressure checks and assistance with correct equipment usage.
- Educate and enforce members on policies/procedures.
- Assists with training of new staff and interns.
- Functions as "Manager on Duty" as needed
- Productivity is maintained at 60-75% or greater
Safety / Emergency Procedures:
- Immediately responds to emergency situations according to policies.
- Demonstrates knowledge of emergency preparedness codes.
- Assess customers for signs and symptoms of exercise intolerance.
- Responds, records, and notifies appropriately any incident or occurrence.
- Ensures equipment is operating and safe for use and report equipment malfunctions and follow up.
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas is an 898-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical program leader, having provided compassionate care to the residents of Dallas and surrounding communities since 1966. A full-service regional referral center, Texas Health Dallas has approximately 3,500 employees and 1,100 physicians on its medical staff, and offers a full range of services, including cancer care, cardiology, neurosciences, orthopedics, senior care, women's services and a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Dallas has been recognized as a U.S. News and World Report Best Hospital in multiple specialties and is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers . The hospital is also a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, a certified Emergency Stroke Care center and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Dallas County in 2012.We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence