Fort Worth, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Fort Worth
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth is seeking for a Certified Surgical Tech for Full Time employment.
6:30am-7:00pm 3 days a week, with some weekends, call and holidays
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Graduate of an accredited surgery technology program, Vocational Nurse Program or graduate/completion of a military training program in
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
1 year current operating room experience preferred
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
CST - Certified Surgical Technologist graduate of an accredited surgical tech program Upon Hire
CST - Certified Surgical Technologist graduate/completion of a military training program in
surgical technology within 2 Years
LVN - Licensed Vocational Nurse Upon Hire
BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support
MINIMUM REQUIRED SKILLS:
A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, acceptable grooming practices and ability to function in a fast paced, changing environment.
• Assists in providing peri-operative care for a patient population that includes Infants, Pediatrics, Adults, and Geriatrics.
• Intra-operatively displays skills and behavior conducive to desirable outcome.
• Post-operatively follows proper procedures for care of instruments, supplies and equipment. Under supervision, assists RN circulator with post-operative duties.
• Demonstrates competence in assisting with the performance of age appropriate patient care that is specific to the unique physiological and anatomic aspects of life from the very young to the older adult.
• Assists in the delivering of nursing care in a manner that minimizes the risk of transfer of infection and accidental contamination.
• Assists in delivering patient care in a manner which protects the patient from injury.
• Assists as needed in coordinating patient care peri-operatively and assumes responsibility and accountability for behavior in order to maintain standards for professional nursing practice.
"CST" "Certified Surgical Tech" " Surgical" Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth" "OR" "Surgery" "PBDS"
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth is a 726-bed, Magnet-designated regional referral center that has served the residents of Tarrant County and surroundings communities since 1930. Hospital services include cardiovascular care, high-risk obstetrics, gynecology, orthopedics and sports medicine, neonatal intensive care, and trauma/emergency medicine. In early 2014, Texas Health Fort Worth will be opening a new 75,000 square foot Emergency Services Center, one of the largest in the region. Texas Health Fort Worth has more than 4,000 employees, 200 volunteers and nearly 1,000 physicians on its medical staff. Texas Health Fort Worth recently received national recognition for its oncology program and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Tarrant County. The hospital is also a designated Cycle III Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.