Fort Worth, TX US
Cafeteria - Retail
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Fort Worth
Full Time - Variable Shifts, must be available to works shifts 6:00 am to 2:30 pm, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm,10:00 am - 6:30 pm, or 11:00 am to 7:30 pm, weekdays and rotating weekends and holidays
A high school diploma or its equivalent as accepted by the Texas Education Agency; or obtain a high school diploma or equivalency program expected to lead to graduation or equivalent within 1 year.
This position will involve standing for long periods of time, dishwashing, stocking and heavy lifting.
***Food Service Experience highly preferred***
Complete all city and/or state certifications within 30 days of employment.
*Reading ,basic math, written language in English
* Cooperative, discreet and courteous in handling customers.
* Good communication and organizational skills.
* Positive customer service attributes.
* Ability to work as a member of a team.
* Ability to work in an extremely fast paced environment while maintaining focus and quality service.
* Employee is responsible for serving food on the cafeteria and patient tray lines. Responsible for using good customer skills when serving patrons.
* Assemble, deliver and retrieve patient trays. Employee must have positive customer skills.
* Perform simple food assembly such as preparing salads, portioning and garnishing foods according to instruction.
* Prepare and deliver floor stock, between meal nourishments and late trays, meeting departmental standards.
* Make food tallies and other simple record keeping, i.e. temperature checks on equipment and food. Reports variances from standards to supervisor.
* Clean and sanitize equipment, wares, walls, and floors routinely.
* Follow established standards for food safety and sanitation. Maintains food safety requirements according to HACCP and department standards in the performance of all duties. Records refrigerator temperatures in area of responsibility and takes appropriate action if there are inadequate temperatures. Maintains clean and orderly work area, ensuring compliance with health department and facility requirements.
* Performs other job duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager.
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth is a 726-bed, Magnet-designated regional referral center that has served the residents of Tarrant County and surroundings communities since 1930. Hospital services include cardiovascular care, high-risk obstetrics, gynecology, orthopedics and sports medicine, neonatal intensive care, and trauma/emergency medicine. In early 2014, Texas Health Fort Worth will be opening a new 75,000 square foot Emergency Services Center, one of the largest in the region. Texas Health Fort Worth has more than 4,000 employees, 200 volunteers and nearly 1,000 physicians on its medical staff. Texas Health Fort Worth recently received national recognition for its oncology program and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Tarrant County. The hospital is also a designated Cycle III Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.