Fort Worth, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Alliance
Minimum Education Requirement:
Completion of a Physical Therapy program
Minimum Licensure Requirement:
Texas Physical Therapy License upon hire
BCLS within 60 days from hire date
Minimum Experience Requirement:
1 year inpatient/acute experience preferred
Minimum Skill Requirement:
Good verbal and written communication skills in English
Ability to teach others
Time management skills
Good interpersonal and customer service skills
Basic leadership skills
Work Hours/Schedule: PRN (As Needed), primarily Saturday-Sunday (hours range from 8:00am - until), on call for holidays (one holiday per year 8:00am-12:00pm), occasional weekday coverage
Obtain/verify physician order for therapy and validate for appropriateness
• Review available medical records and obtain pertinent medical history from patient or family
• Ensure that patient has given informed consent to treatment
• Evaluate each patient using age and diagnosis appropriate assessment tests and measurements
• Integrate assessment results to identify functional problems and prioritize care needs with patient and family
• Sets appropriate measurable, functional goals with time frames to address the identified problems including patient/family goals and preferences
• Determine plan for care, or appropriate therapeutic intervention to achieve stated goals
• Initiate therapy discharge planning in collaboration with care team and patient based on prognosis and expected discharge disposition
• Demonstrates competence in the performance of age appropriate patient assessment and individualizes care based on age specific needs.
Uses therapeutic treatment techniques appropriate to patient age and desire for treatment
• Performs treatment procedures that are within the scope of the professional license
• Performs/delegates technical procedures appropriately and safely
• Utilizes a variety of treatment techniques to achieve goals, if necessary
• Determine patient response to treatment and evaluate progress (reassessment)
• Educates patient and family through instruction, demonstration, or appropriate handouts in treatment plan, safety issues, home programs/self management and assistive equipment
• Patient safety maintained throughout treatment
• Communicates with physicians and other healthcare personnel as appropriate regarding patient care issues
• Demonstrates competence in the performance of age appropriate patient treatment and individualizes care based on age specific needs
Utilizes available resources (equipment, support personnel, educational resources) to maximize efficiency and productivity and meet developmental needs.
• Participates in orientation and training of lesser experienced staff.
• Attends and/or leads hospital, department, and community educational
• Meets established productivity targets
• Represents department in a positive manner to hospital/system/community.
• Completes assigned work within scheduled hours and offers assistance to
others to ensure departmental work is accomplished.
• Seeks assistance/supervision/consultation as needed and reports to
supervisor any problems &/or solutions regarding delivery of patient care.
• Willing to be cross-trained to treat any diagnosis or level of care.
• Participates in continuous improvement activities and/or teams
• Demonstrates commitment to the maintenance of a clean, safe work environment that is compliant with departmental, hospital and regulatory
• Works in partnership with peers, other disciplines, and departmental
Documents all aspects of assessment and team & individual plan of care in accordance with departmental, JCAHO, Medicare, and other applicable regulatory guidelines.
• Documents all aspects of each intake process and treatment sessions in accordance with departmental, JCAHO, Medicare, and other applicable regulatory guidelines.
• Accurately submits patient charges and records procedures according to departmental policy.
• Documents assessments of education needs, education provided, and patient understanding of education provided in accordance with departmental, JCAHO, Medicare, and other applicable regulatory guidelines.
• Completes team & individual discharge summary for each patient in accordance with departmental, JCAHO, Medicare, and other applicable regulatory guidelines.
• Completes all documentation within established time frame.
• Completes required documentation tools for outpatients and for specialty units/programs (i.e. Lysholme, MDS, DRS, staffing reports, etc.)
Participates in strategies to meet business initiatives and unit/team, program, and department specific goals and targets including KPI's aligned with the Transformational Themes.
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Alliance is a 98-bed, full-service hospital offering acute care and wellness programs to communities in North Fort Worth, Keller, North Richland Hills, Haslet, Justin and surrounding areas. The hospital provides numerous services, including emergency medicine, general and outpatient surgery – including an outpatient surgery center, women and infant’s care – including a level III neonatal intensive care unit, radiology – including a women’s imaging center, cardiac rehabilitation and therapy center, business health services, and wellness programs. Texas Health Alliance is a technologically advanced hospital that has earned national recognition for operating at the highest level of electronic medical record adoption. We invite you to join us in furthering your career through our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.