Dallas, TX US
Coding - Reimbursement
Area of Interest:
Health Information Management
Texas Health Organization for Physicians
Texas Health Physicians Group (THPG) seeks to hire a Coder I to work Full-time Days.
Northpoint III, LBJ Freeway
9250 Amberton Parkway | Dallas, TX 75243
Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm
High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)
Associate's Degree in a related field
2 years coding experience.
Completion of college level courses in medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, or similar.
***E/M Coding - Evaluation and Management Coding*** experience is a plus.
LICENSE / CERTIFICATIONS:
Required Upon Hire:
CPC - Certified Professional Coder
CCS-P - Certified Coding Specialist - Physician-based.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• General understanding of health insurance and medical costs.
• Knowledge of third party billing regulations, professional operations, and third party payer requirements.
• Must be able to communicate effectively.
• Must be detail oriented and have strong organizational skills.
• Must possess a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism.
• Must have proficient computer skills, with the ability to learn internal application systems.
Texas Health Organization for Physicians (THOP) is Texas Health Resources' 501(a) not-for-profit health corporation offering employment opportunities for administration staff that service providers of Texas Health Physicians Group (THPG). THOP provides services for member physicians that help them get back to what they do best -- practice medicine. From an affordable electronic medical record to comprehensive practice support services and group purchasing power, physicians and their patients benefit from being a part of THPG.