Allen, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Allen
Minimum Education Required:
Graduate of an AMA approved / accredited Ultrasound Program / Associate Degree
Minimum Licensure/Certifications Required:
BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support Upon Hire
ARRT - American Registry of Radiologic Technologists Upon Hire
ARDMS - American Registry for Diagnostic and Medical Sonographers must have 2 certifications if no ARRT Upon Hire
Minimum Skills Required:
Competency in scanning/equipment operation. Excellent Communication skills. Ability to multitask and prioritize.
Work Hours/Schedule: Variable Shifts/24 hours per week.
Duties / Responsibilities:
Imaging Procedures, Quality and Processing
• Explains procedures to patient or guardian / family member if applicable prior to and during exam.
• Images correct anatomical area of interest and pathology according to department protocols.
• Performs complex procedures including age related criteria and developmental considerations.
• Adjusts ultrasound parameters appropriately for quality images.
• Assists radiologist with complex and invasive procedures using aseptic technique.
• Processes and manipulates images, analyzes image quality, troubleshoots, suggest differential diagnosis.
• Utilizes proper downtime procedures for PACS and HIS / RIS.
• Correctly sends and transfers images to PACS.
• Works in tandem with staff to ensure laser images from modality or PACS are printed as needed.
Equipment Operation and Maintenance
• Adjusts technical parameters to optimize image.
• Operates, cares for and maintains equipment.
• Applies proper knowledge of instrumentation, probe selection and cognitive sonographic skills.
• Troubleshoots and properly documents equipment malfunction.
• Maintains equipment and room to sanitary standards.
• Adheres to hospital standards for infection control for patient, equipment, and self.
• Stocks/maintains supplies and linen.
• Demonstrates the knowledge and understanding of quality control and regulatory standards.
• Prepares room for examination (i.e. suction, oxygen, supplies).
• Checks physician orders and exam requisitions using time-out procedures.
• Greets and acknowledges patient, using two forms of ID.
• Obtains patient history.
• Handles patients with IVs, oxygen, chest tubes or other devices, and monitor patient during imaging.
• Demonstrates knowledge of emergency drugs and equipment.
• Uses proper body mechanics when assisting patient.
• Processes patient information, displays proper phone etiquette and transports patients as needed.
Professional Accountability and Partnership
• Maintains ARDMS, CME credits and CPR yearly or when applicable (ARRT and CMRT if applicable).
• Attends departmental continuing education, meetings, and checks email routinely.
• Identifies, troubleshoots and initiates quality improvement.
• Manages time and re-prioritizes as necessary.
• Performs any assignment deemed necessary by supervisor
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Allen is a 73-bed, acute-care hospital serving the northern Collin County area since 2000. Hospital services include women’s care, a Level II neonatal intensive care unit, orthopedics, pediatrics, wound care and sleep medicine. Texas Health Allen, a Pathway to Excellence® designated hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, has more than 500 physicians on its medical staff practicing in more than 25 specialties. Texas Health Allen is a World Health Organization-designated "Baby-Friendly Hospital" and was the first hospital in Texas to receive the distinction. The hospital is a Level IV trauma center and an Accredited Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, which makes our facility intensely qualified to serve our community and your professional aspirations.