Dallas, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Dallas
Texas Health Dallas is seeking an Ultrasonographer I in the Radiology Ultrasound Department.
Full Time: 36 hours/wk, night shift. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday nights 7pm to 7am
Minimum Education Requirements:
Graduate of an AMA approved / accredited Ultrasound Program. Associate's Degree strongly
New Grads are welcomed.
Minimum Licensure / Certification Requirements:
BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support upon hire
ARDMS - American Registry for Diagnostic and Medical Sonographers within 12 months preferred
ARRT - American Registry of Radiologic Technologists within 12 months preferred
Minimum Skill Requirements:
Competency in scanning/equipment operation. Excellent communication skills. Ability to multitask and prioritize.
Job Duties / Essential Functions:
Imaging Procedures, Quality and Processing
• Explains procedures to patient or guardian / family member if applicable prior to and during exam.
• Images correct anatomical area of interest and pathology according to department protocols.
• Performs complex procedures including age related criteria and developmental considerations.
• Adjusts ultrasound parameters appropriately for quality images.
• Assists radiologist with complex and invasive procedures using aseptic technique.
• Processes and manipulates images, analyzes image quality, troubleshoots, suggest differential diagnosis.
• Utilizes proper downtime procedures for PACS and HIS / RIS.
• Correctly sends and transfers images to PACS.
• Works in tandem with staff to ensure laser images from modality or PACS are printed as needed.
Equipment Operation and Maintenance
• Adjusts technical parameters to optimize image.
• Operates, cares for and maintains equipment.
• Applies proper knowledge of instrumentation, probe selection and cognitive sonographic skills.
• Troubleshoots and properly documents equipment malfunction.
• Maintains equipment and room to sanitary standards.
• Adheres to hospital standards for infection control for patient, equipment, and self.
• Stocks/maintains supplies and linen.
• Demonstrates the knowledge and understanding of quality control and regulatory standards.
• Prepares room for examination (i.e. suction, oxygen, supplies).
• Checks physician orders and exam requisitions using time-out procedures.
• Greets and acknowledges patient, using two forms of ID.
• Obtains patient history.
• Handles patients with IVs, oxygen, chest tubes or other devices, and monitor patient during imaging.
• Demonstrates knowledge of emergency drugs and equipment.
• Uses proper body mechanics when assisting patient.
• Processes patient information, displays proper phone etiquette and transports patients as needed.
Professional Accountability and Partnership
• Maintains ARDMS, CME credits and CPR yearly or when applicable (ARRT and CMRT if applicable).
• Attends departmental continuing education, meetings, and checks email routinely.
• Identifies, troubleshoots and initiates quality improvement.
• Manages time and re-prioritizes as necessary.
• Performs any assignment deemed necessary by supervisor.
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas is an 898-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical program leader, having provided compassionate care to the residents of Dallas and surrounding communities since 1966. A full-service regional referral center, Texas Health Dallas has approximately 3,500 employees and 1,100 physicians on its medical staff, and offers a full range of services, including cancer care, cardiology, neurosciences, orthopedics, senior care, women's services and a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Dallas has been recognized as a U.S. News and World Report Best Hospital in multiple specialties and is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers . The hospital is also a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, a certified Emergency Stroke Care center and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Dallas County in 2012.We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.