Fort Worth, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Fort Worth
Texas Health Resources has been named a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® second year in a row. We are committed to improving the health of the people in the communities we serve.
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth opened in 1930 and since it’s founding, the hospital has provided advanced clinical services, delivered with compassion and commitment, to Tarrant County and the surrounding communities.
Awards, Accreditations and Certifications
• U.S. News & World Report included Texas Health Fort Worth among the best in the Dallas-Fort Worth area as part of its annual 2016-17 Best Hospitals ranking list. Texas Health Fort Worth ranked No. 12 in the state, and No. 5 in the DFW Metroplex.
• Texas Health Fort Worth is a three time Magnet Designated hospital.
• Texas Health Fort Worth awarded The Pinnacle of Excellence Award for physician engagement. This award is given annually to top-performing organizations on the basis of extraordinary achievement recognizing consistently high levels of excellence in patient experience, employee engagement, physician engagement and clinical quality performance.
Texas Health Fort Worth has a full-time Nurse Practitioner opportunity in their Palliative Care Department
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
Bachelors' Degree - Graduate of an accredited nursing program, Masters Degree -Graduate of a Nurse Practitioner program.
Two (2) years’ experience in clinical setting – specifically in Palliative Care preferred.
Current Texas RN License; certified Advance Nurse Practice Practitioner in the State of Texas upon hire; Current AHA BCLS training within 30 days of hire and ACLS within 30 days of hire preferred.
High degree of confidentiality; positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
Hours/Schedule: Prn; First Shift;
Collaborates with members of the healthcare team in planning, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating care delivery for the patient.
Demonstrates/models excellence in nursing practice through the utilization of advance concepts in the areas of assessment, diagnosis, implementation and evaluation.
Coordinates care with healthcare team in rounds as well as provides both evidence based care and overall care management through direct care, consultation, and referral.
Collaborates with medical director(s) on patient care issues and facilitates the evaluation and delivery of patient care as needed; Utilizes prescriptive authority based on approved protocols/guidelines and/or in consultation with physicians.
Provides counseling and clinical intervention based on medical expertise along the continuum of care.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Our facilities are located across the greater Dallas – Ft. Worth area with a centrally located corporate office in Arlington, TX. We are one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the US that has the resources to offer a variety of career growth and professional development opportunities with equally remarkable benefits. Join our award-winning Texas Health family and contribute to our mission “to improve the health of the people in the communities we serve”. A few recent accomplishments we achieved include:
• 2015 and 2016 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®”
• 2015 “Healthiest Employer in North Texas” by Dallas Business Journal and 2015 Fortune “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials”
• 2015 “Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles” by the National Business Group on Health (marking the sixth year THR has received this award)
• 2015 and 2016 Platinum-level recognition from the American Heart Association (AHA) for being a “Fit-Friendly Worksite”
• 2015 Great Place to Work® and Fortune list of “50 Best Workplaces for Camaraderie”
• Ranked #3 on 2015 “100 Best Workplaces for Women list” by Great Place to Work®
Texas Health provides an environment for optimal success and we pride ourselves on providing eligible employees with a variety of great benefits which include:
• Matching 401 (K) plan, Flex Spending Accounts and a Credit Union
• Tuition reimbursement
• Wellness and Career Development Programs and Adoption Assistance
• Competitive compensation packages / Relocation Coach
• Medical, dental and vision insurance for eligible employees
• Life, AD&D and Long Term Care Insurance and Disability Coverage
• On-site Child Care and Fitness Centers (at select locations)
• Company Volunteer days
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth is a 726-bed, Magnet-designated regional referral center that has served the residents of Tarrant County and surroundings communities since 1930. Hospital services include cardiovascular care, high-risk obstetrics, gynecology, orthopedics and sports medicine, neonatal intensive care, and trauma/emergency medicine. In early 2014, Texas Health Fort Worth will be opening a new 75,000 square foot Emergency Services Center, one of the largest in the region. Texas Health Fort Worth has more than 4,000 employees, 200 volunteers and nearly 1,000 physicians on its medical staff. Texas Health Fort Worth recently received national recognition for its oncology program and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Tarrant County. The hospital is also a designated Cycle III Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.