Denton, TX US
CS Sterile Processing
Area of Interest:
Patient Support Services
Texas Health Denton
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Denton is seeking a Sterile Processing Tech for Full Time employment.
Work Hours/Schedule: Variable hours and shifts, call required
Minimum education: HS Diploma or equivalent
Minimum experience: One year experience Preferred
Minimum certification: BLS, Central Sterile Certification Preferred
Minimum skills: Knowledge of infection control/asepsis, sterilization process to include steam and chemical, instrumentation, ability to monitor schedule and coordinate instrument technician
• Performs scanning of instrument trays for location and creation of count sheet/label.
• Demonstrates proper assembly technique for instrument trays.
• Demonstrates wrapping/containing of instruments/tray. 35%
• Performs scanning of instrument trays to track location using the SPM system.
• Demonstrates decontamination process according to policy and procedure.
? Cleaning of instruments manually
? Using automated cleaners
? Ultrasonic washer
? Instrument washer
? Cart washer
• Performs tests and documents as directed to ensure proper operation of washers and Emergency Eyewash and Shower
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Denton is a 255-bed, full-service hospital that has served North Texas and southern Oklahoma since 1987. Hospital services include heart and vascular care, women’s services, a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, orthopedics and sports medicine, pain management, emergency medicine, and a weight loss surgery program. As one of the largest employers in Denton County, Texas Health Denton has more than 1,000 employees and more than 325 physicians on its medical staff practicing in more than 45 specialties. Located 45 miles northwest of downtown Dallas and 40 miles northeast of downtown Fort Worth, Texas Health Denton is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, a Joint Commission accredited Primary Stroke Center and a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.