Plano, TX US
B/U - Med/Surg 4W
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Plano
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano a MAGNET and Center of Excellence facility has a new opportunity for a Spine/Scoli RN to help meet the needs of our patients.
Shift Hours: Full Time Days | 7am - 7pm
Multidisciplinary 24 bed unit accepts patients who require telemetry and non-invasive monitoring. 5B also serves as the dedicated Stroke Unit.
Our patients, including neurosurgery, general surgery, trauma, and medical patients.
The typical nurse-to-patient ratio is 1:5 on the 7a shift and 1:6 on the 7p shift. PCTs are typically assigned up to 12 patients. These ratios are considered guidelines and may be adjusted based on acuity or to meet the operational needs of the unit.
One year experience as a clinical nurse, or completion of an RN residency program, or acceptance into a THR residency program.
• Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire.
• Current AHA BLS training and license upon hire..
• Graduate of a NLN (National League of Nursing) or CCNE (Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education) accredited nursing programs.
• RNs hired after January, 2014, require completion of BSN within 3 years of start date. RNs hired within THR after December, 2016, require completion of BSN within 2 years of start date.
• A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
• Knowledge of computer documentation; good keyboard skills; working knowledge of the care and management of the patient in the setting
Must be highly motivated and committed to a quality of care that emphasizes the patient first.
Qualified candidate will have excellent customer service and teamwork skills as well as clinical competence.
• 2+ years experience as an RN in acute care setting
Experience working in an Acute Medical Surgical setting.
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano is a 366-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical leader, providing technologically advanced care to Plano, Frisco and surrounding communities since 1991.
This full-service facility features a full range of specialties including emergency medicine, cardiology, adult and adolescent behavioral health, pediatrics, an adult intensive care unit, state of the art and technologically advanced surgical services and a Level III NICU.
Texas Health Plano has more than 1,600 employees and over 1,360 physicians on its medical staff in more than 65 specialties.
The hospital is an Advanced Level III Trauma Facility, accredited Chest Pain Center by The Joint Commission, named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Collin County and a Gold-Level Mother Friendly business.
Texas Health Plano is the recipient of the Disease Specific Care Certifications from the Joint Commission in Chest Pain, Joint Replacement – Hip and Joint Replacement – Knee and an Advanced Certification as a Primary Stroke Center.
We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.