Arlington, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Arlington Memorial
Full-time, variable days/hours including weekends - 1st shift
H.S. Diploma or Equivalent
Associate's Degree from an accredited school of ultrasound technology preferred
1 year prior experience preferred
RCS - Registered Cardiac Sonographer required
RVT - Registered Vascular Technologist required
RVS - Registered Vascular Specialist required
BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support also required
Perform vascular testing: Echo, TEE, Carotid/Arterial/Venous duplex studies. Good communication and excellent customer
Imaging Procedures, Quality and Processing
• Explains procedures to patient or guardian/family member if applicable prior to exam
• Positions patient to correct anatomical area of interest
• Performs complex procedures including age related criteria and developmental considerations.
• Adjusts techniques parameters appropriately for age related factor.
• Assists cardiologist with TEE procedures, Stress Echos, and other complex procedures using appropriate
• Vascular Testing: Carotid/Arterial/Venous Duplex Studies
• Maintains attention to details.
• Processes and manipulates images, analyzes image quality, troubleshoots, makes technique adjustments or repeat procedures as needed.
• Correctly maintains images on various electronic media, exports studies to physician reading station and maintains image data files.
• Coordinates with Centralized Scheduling, Cardiovascular Services, physicians and other modalities, doctor’s office and nurses.
• Recognizes normal and abnormal anatomy and physiology relevant to vascular exams.
• Vascular exams include cerebrovascular, transcranial, arterial and venous modalities.
• Demonstrates safe, proactive patient care skills.
• Demonstrates basic computer skills.
• Demonstrates proper utilization and upkeep of equipment
• Vascular/Echo skills: Produces quality vascular exams following department policies and procedures and
• Employs relevant guidelines set forth by SVU and SDMS, including scope of practice.
• Uses multidisciplinary, team oriented actions
• Assesses and recognizes the patient’s emotional, physical, developmental, cognitive and psychosocial conditions.
• Prepares room for examination (i.e., suction, oxygen, supplies).
• Checks physician orders and exam requisitions using time out procedures
• Greets and acknowledges patients using two forms of ID
• Obtains patient history
• Handles patients with IVs, oxygen, chest tubes or other devices and monitors patients during imaging
• Demonstrates knowledge of emergency drugs and equipment
• Uses proper body mechanics when assisting patients
• Processes patient information, displays proper phone etiquette and transports patients as needed.
Equipment Operation and Maintenance
• Adjusts technical factors
• Operates, cares for and maintains equipment
• Applies knowledge of physics and accessories
• Troubleshoots and properly documents equipment malfunction
• Maintains equipment and room to sanitary standards
• Stocks supplies
• Exchanges and maintains radiology film badges
• Demonstrates the knowledge and understanding of quality control and regulatory standards.
Professional Accountability and Partnership
• Maintains and enhances technical skills and technology advancement
• Attends departmental continuing education, meetings and checks email
• Identifies, troubleshoots and initiates quality improvement
• Manages time and re-prioritizes as necessary
• Performs assignments deemed necessary by supervisor.
Texas Health Arlington Memorial Hospital, a 369-bed acute-care, full-service medical center has been serving Arlington and the surrounding communities since 1958. Hospital services include comprehensive cardiac care, women’s services, neurosciences, cancer services, orthopedics, emergency services and an advanced imaging center. Texas Health Arlington Memorial has over 1,600 employees, 250 volunteers and 630 physicians on its medical staff. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence. For more information, visit TexasHealth.org/Arlington.
Texas Health Heart & Vascular Hospital is a separately licensed hospital located on the campus of Texas Health Arlington Memorial Hospital. We are a 47 bed facility including a 20 bed Cardiovascular ICU and a 27 bed cardiac telemetry unit. Texas Health Heart & Vascular Hospital is accredited for Chest Pain through The Joint Commission. We have achieved AHA’s Gold Plus award for two years in a row plus recognition from The Joint Commission as a Top Performer for Key Quality Measures. We specialize in CABG and Valve surgeries, thoracotomies, general cardiac including heart failure, cardiomyopathies, AMI, TAVR, post heart catheterization including angioplasty, stenting and electrophysiology studies.