Fort Worth, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Southwest
PRN "As Needed" - Shifts will vary between 6:30am - 2:30pm and 11:30am - 8:00pm and will include weekdays, weekends and holidays
Required Minimum Education:
A high school diploma or its equivalent as accepted by the Texas Education Agency; or obtain a high school diploma or equivalency program expected to lead to graduation or equivalent within 1 year.
Required Minimum Experience:
Previous food service experience, preferably in healthcare, preferred.
***This position will included dishwashing, standing for long periods of time and heavy lifting. Restaurant experience highly preferred.***
Meet all city, state and federal certification standards within 30 days of employment.
Reading, basic math, written language in English. Cooperative, discreet, and courteous.
Good communication and organizational skills. Positive customer service attributes.
Ability to work as a member of a team
• Employee is responsible for serving food on the cafeteria and patient tray lines. Responsible for using good customer skills when serving patrons. Assemble, deliver and retrieve patient trays. Employee must have positive customer skills.
• Perform simple food assembly such as preparing salads, portioning and garnishing foods according to instruction.
• Prepare and deliver floor stock, between meal nourishments and late trays, meeting departmental standards.
• Make food tallies and other simple record keeping, i.e. temperature checks on equipment and food. Reports variances from standards to supervisor.
• Clean and sanitize equipment, wares, walls, and floors routinely.
• Follow established standards for food safety and sanitation. Maintains food safety requirements according to HACCP and department standards in the performance of all duties. Records refrigerator temperatures in area of responsibility and takes appropriate action if there are inadequate temperatures. Maintains clean and orderly work area, ensuring compliance with health department and facility requirements.
• Performs other job duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager.
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest Fort Worth is a 222-bed full-service facility that includes surgical and imaging services, a 24-hour emergency department, orthopedics and sports therapy, adult critical care, and a Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Southwest Fort Worth, which has been serving Tarrant County residents since 1987, has 1,100 employees, 120 volunteers, and more than 600 physicians on its medical staff. The hospital is a Pathway to Excellence® designated hospital by American Nurses Credentialing Center, a designated UnitedHealth Premium Surgical Spine specialty center and has earned Quality Respiratory Care Recognition from the AARC. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.