Cleburne, TX US
Area of Interest:
Patient Support Services
Texas Health Cleburne
Texas Health Cleburne seeks to hire a Paramedic to work the night shift, 7p (1900) to 7a (0700), part time, 2 shifts per week in the Emergency Department. The work schedule for this position is inclusive of rotating weekends and holidays.
At Texas Health we are dedicated to finding people to help us fulfill our commitment to make health care human again. We staff our exemplary hospital with health care professionals who approach every patient, every colleague, every physician and every family member with compassion. Come join us on our Journey as we rise to the next level.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
High School graduate or (GED) equivalent.
A minimum of six (6) months recent paramedic experience preferred with at least one (1) year with city, county or private EMS Paramedic experience.
Current Texas Paramedic certification with current CPR and ACLS.
Current CPI required within 60 days of hire.
Possesses organizational skills to function in a fast paced environment, positive interpersonal skills, good verbal and written communication skills, able to perform basic computer skills. Positive interpersonal skills and ability to function in a fast-paced environment;
Must possess knowledge of medical terminology and be customer service focused;
Able to perform basic computer skills - Use the EPIC/Care Connect computerized charting.
Flexibility with schedule.
Performs technical skills that are adapted to reflect the age-specific, developmental and diversity needs of the patient.
Enhances patient care skills. Serves as a patient advocate. Provides for patient privacy and dignity. Communicates per department expectations. Demonstrates cooperative relationships by showing willingness to support team members. Acceptable use of interpersonal relationship skills with patients, families, co- workers, physicians, all disciplines, and other customers.
Incorporates age specific safety/ infection control measures into patient care.
Collects data relevant to the patient’s physical, psychosocial, cognitive and religious needs.
Assists in meeting departmental/hospital KPI’s related to: Patient outcomes, Customer satisfaction, financial performance, Organizational effectiveness and Community health care.
*As part of your employment with Texas Health Resources, you, and any qualified dependents, may be eligible to take advantage of the comprehensive benefits program offered to eligible employees. Texas Health Resources has an award winning benefits program that has been widely recognized. A sample of these offerings is below:
• Texas Health’s medical, dental and vision insurance programs.
• Paid time off (PTO) plan which accrues on a biweekly basis according to your status, hours worked and employment tenure.
• Texas Health’s 401(k) retirement plan with generous company match after twelve (12) months of service.
• Life, long-term and short-term disability.
• Health care and day care flexible spending accounts.
• Tuition reimbursement.
• Employee Assistance program.
• Texas Health’s Be Healthy wellness program.
• Various employee discounts on products and services program.
A few of Texas Health’s recent accomplishments:
• 2017 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (3rd year in a row)
• 2017 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (3rd year in a row)
• 2018 Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
Fortune and Great Place to Work® awards
#1 as 2017 “Best Workplaces in Texas” by Fortune and Great Place to Work®.
#1 as “20 Best Workplaces in Health Care” by Great Place to Work® and Fortune (2015, 2016 and 2017).
#1 for 2016 and 2017 “100 Best Workplaces for Women” by Great Place to Work® and Fortune.
A “50 Best Workplaces for Diversity” for 2016 and 2017 by Great Place to Work® and Fortune.
A 2017 “Best Workplaces for Parents” by Great Place to Work® and Fortune.
#2 on the 2016 “10 Best Workplaces for African-Americans” by Great Place to Work® and Fortune.
A 2016 “20 Best Workplaces for Gen X’ers” by Great Place to Work® and Fortune.
A “Best Workplaces for Giving Back” for 2016 by Great Place to Work® and Fortune.
Other Awards of Interest:
Named by Hospital & Health Networks magazine as one of the nation’s 2017 “Most Wired” health care systems for the 17th time in 19 years.
Stage 7 Revalidation~ Texas Health Resources recently earned revalidation recognition for the premier award for electronic health record (EHR) adoption (2016).
2016 and 2017 annual LearningElite award —national list of best organizations for learning and development by Chief Learning Officer magazine.
The Dallas Morning News’ “Top 100 Places to Work” in 2017 (sixth year in a row to be in the top 10).
Recipient of MAP Certificate of Recognition in Revenue Cycle Achievement by Healthcare Financial Management Association (2017).
2017 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (3rd year in a row).
2017 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (3rd year in a row).
2018 Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor.
Health and Well-being Awards
• Platinum-level recognition from the American Heart Association (AHA) for being a “Fit-Friendly Worksite” (2015, 2016 and 2017).
• Platinum-level recognition in the 2016 and 2017 Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles® awards, sponsored by the National Business Group on Health (ninth year to appear on the list and second year to receive the Platinum award).
• 2017 Gold Fit Achievement Award - highest achievement in workplace health recognitions from the American Heart Association.
• Largest Blue Zones® Project Approved™ Worksite in the world (2016).
• A 2015 and 2016 “Healthiest Employer in North Texas” by Dallas Business Journal (in Top 3 both years)
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Cleburne is a 137-bed, full-service hospital that has served Cleburne and the Johnson County area since 1986. Located about 35 miles south of Fort Worth, hospital services include surgery, women’s care, gastroenterology, orthopedics and ear, nose and throat care. The center has have over 80 physicians on its medical staff and has been recognized as a 2013 Top Performer for Quality Care in a nationwide performance improvement project, an accredited Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, and designated a Pathway to Excellence® hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Recognitions like these make our facility intensely qualified to serve our community and your professional aspirations.