Fort Worth, TX US
CENTRAL STERILE PROCESSING
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Clearfork
Texas Health Clearfork is seeking a Sterile Processing Tech in the Surgery department
Full Time: 40 hours per week
Shift: 2:30pm-11pm Monday- Friday (NO Weekends, NO Holidays, NO Call)
Minimum Education Requirements:
High School Graduate or GED Required
Graduate of an accredited sterile processing tech program, or LVN OR Graduate/completion of a military training program in Surgical Technology preferred.
Minimum Licensure / Certification Requirements:
CPR within 30 days of hire
Sterile Processing Tech Certification must be obtained within 2 years from first day of employment
Minimum Experience Requirements:
Previous Sterile Processing Tech experience of 1-2 years preferred.
JOB DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Performs scanning of instruments trays for location and creation of count sheet/labels.
• Demonstrates proper assembly technique for instrument trays.
• Demonstrates wrapping/containing of instruments/tray.
• Performs scanning of instrument trays to track location using the SPM system.
• Demonstrates decontamination process according to policy and procedure.
• Cleaning of instruments manually
• Using automated cleaners
• Performs tests and documents as directed to ensure proper operation of washers and Emergency Eyewash and shower.
• Demonstrates the proper loading technique for sterilization methods.
• Scans prepared item into correct sterilizer load.
• Demonstrates procedure requirements need to complete prior to sterilization operation.
• Operates sterilizer according to the manufacturer’s instructions and the department’s policy.
• Demonstrates procedure for removal of items following sterilization.
• Demonstrates monitoring procedures.
• Scan and Deliver item to proper storage area.
• Effectively utilizes infection control concepts.
• Effectively handles all chemical and cleaning agents used for cleaning, decontamination, and sterilization of instruments and equipment.
• Demonstrates safety precautions when operating washers and sterilizers.
• Follows safe lifting techniques as well as proper techniques for handling instruments.
Texas Health Clearfork is a 54-bed Orthopedic Center of Excellence facility that includes surgical and imaging services, orthopedics and sports therapy, adult critical care, & beautiful views of the Trinity River. Texas Health Clearfork is considered a Tower of Texas Health Southwest, which has been serving Tarrant County residents since 1987, has 1,100 employees, 120 volunteers, and more than 600 physicians on its medical staff. The hospital is a Pathway to Excellence® designated hospital by American Nurses Credentialing Center, a designated UnitedHealth Premium Surgical Spine specialty center and has earned Quality Respiratory Care Recognition from the AARC. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
BENEFITS AT A GLANCE:
• 401(k) Retirement Plan
• Health Care Benefits
• Wellness Program
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Life Insurance
• AD&D Insurance
• Disability Coverage
• Long Term Care Insurance
• Other benefits: Adoption Assistance, and Credit Union