Fort Worth, TX US
CLINICAL LAB IMMUNOHEMATO
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Fort Worth
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth is seeking a Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) PRN for their laboratory.
• PRN "As Needed"
• 3rd Shift, 2230-0700
• Bachelor Degree (or attained within 3 months of hire)
• Preferred: Bachelor of Science degree in Medical Technology, Applied Technology, Clinical Lab Science or Chemical, Physical or Biological Science preferred (proof required)
Required minimum experience:
• Internship in an approved Medical Technology training program required
• Preferred: 2 years’ experience in a Blood Bank
• MT(ASCP), MLS(ASCP) OR equivalent (AMT, AAB, HHS, NCA, HEW, CLS- CA, FL, NY state license, Philippine Board of Technical Technology) OR ASCP specialty certification for specific discipline. Registry must be passed within 3 months of hire date
• Preferred MT(ASCP), MLS(ASCP)
• Interprets test requests; orders tests in LIS & HIS.
• Communicates professionally with other caregivers or physicians as appropriate for clarification.
• Insures positive identification throughout processing.
• Insures timely specimen processing.
• Demonstrates competency at all blood bank work stations/benches as designated by section manager.
• Maintains skill level for position.
• Demonstrates appropriate decision making with regard to test selection, performance and reporting.
• Notifies leadership without delay of any deviation from normal.
• Displays up to date knowledge of and strict adherence to policies and procedures.
• Prioritizes workload to meet demand.
• Initiates cooperative efforts.
• Makes good decisions related to test interpretation.
• Demonstrates compliance with alert flags and/or error messages.
• Performs appropriate confirmation testing.
• Uses work lists, pending logs and other tools appropriately.
• Completes all competency exercises.
• Completes 12 hours of continuing education per year.
• Reads, signs procedure updates in a timely manner.
• Notifies leadership of corrected reports and errors.
• Demonstrates effort to develop advanced skills.
• Uses texts and reference publications
• Demonstrates competency in manual procedures and record retention.
• Any other duties as assigned by manager
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth is a 726-bed, Magnet-designated regional referral center that has served the residents of Tarrant County and surroundings communities since 1930. Hospital services include cardiovascular care, high-risk obstetrics, gynecology, orthopedics and sports medicine, neonatal intensive care, and trauma/emergency medicine. In early 2014, Texas Health Fort Worth will be opening a new 75,000 square foot Emergency Services Center, one of the largest in the region. Texas Health Fort Worth has more than 4,000 employees, 200 volunteers and nearly 1,000 physicians on its medical staff. Texas Health Fort Worth recently received national recognition for its oncology program and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Tarrant County. The hospital is also a designated Cycle III Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.