Stephenville, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Stephenville
Texas Health Harris Methodist Stephenville is seeking a full time Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) or a Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) for their Laboratory.
• Full Time
• Second shift with some probable rotation to the night shift
Required Minimum Education:
• Associate’s degree for a MLT or Bachelor’s Degree for an MLS (or attained within 3 months of hire date)
• Preferred: Associates degree or Bachelors of Science Degree in Medical Technology, Clinical Lab Science or Chemical, Physical or Biological science (proof required)
Required Minimum Experience:
• Internship in an approved Medical Technician training program
• Preferred: 2 years’ experience in a Hospital Medical Laboratory
• MLT (ASCP), MLS (ASCP), MT (ASCP) or equivalent (AMT, AAB, HHS, NCA, HEW, CLS- CA, FL, NY state license, Philippine Board of Technical Technology)
• Registry must be attained within 3 months of hire date
• Preferred: MLT (ASCP), MLS (ASCP), MT (ASCP)
• Strong positive interpersonal skills
• Ability to read, write and speak English clearly
• Problem solving ability, time management skills
• Possess organizational skills to function successfully in a fast paced work environment
• Computer literate
• Preferred: Experience with Cerner Millennium LIS
• Preferred: Phlebotomy experience
• Maintains knowledge and skills related to pre-analytic/testing, analytic/testing and post-analytic/testing for the specimen type in the assigned section/cost center
• Performs, evaluates, interprets and takes required actions on designated testing and/or data related to testing in accordance to assigned section/cost center policies and procedures. (including advanced and labor intensive testing procedures requiring extended technical knowledge and expertise)
• Maintains knowledge of computer software applications, and uses computer applications competently as related to the specific task required for each assigned job responsibility.
• Maintains a working knowledge of continuous improvement and applies concepts and processes to the satisfaction of all accrediting agency requirements for the assigned section/cost center. (C.I. and documentation requirements)
• Complies with all regulatory requirements for safety, infection control, ethical behavior guidelines and billing compliance. Complies with laboratory and section/cost center guidelines, procedures and policies.
• Participates in section and/or laboratory meetings or special projects as directed by the team lead or section manager and completes all assignments related to the meeting or project.
Texas Health Harris Methodist Stephenville is a full-service, 98-bed community hospital that provides health care for residents in Erath and the surrounding counties. Located in the quiet, rural community of Stephenville, Texas, our acute care and regional referral center offers a surgical wing and expanded Women's Services. If peaceful surroundings in a rural area is the style you're looking for in your career, consider Texas Health Stephenville.