Paramedic-As Needed-Emergency Room
Plano, TX US
Area of Interest:
Patient Support Services
Texas Health Plano
Texas Health Plano seeks to hire a Paramedic to work As Needed in the Emergency Department.
The work schedule is As Needed
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
- High School graduate or (GED) equivalent.
- A minimum of six (6) months acute patient care experience; strongly prefer one (1) year city/county/private EMS experience.
- Current Texas Paramedic certification
- Current BLS/CPR certification for Healthcare Providers (or within the first three (3) weeks of hire)
- ACLS certification or within 3 months of hire
- Positive interpersonal skills and ability to function in a fast-paced environment;
- Must possess knowledge of medical terminology, excellent, interpersonal skills and be customer service focused
- Able to perform basic computer skills - Use the EPIC/Care Connect computerized charting.
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano is a 366-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical leader, providing technologically advanced care to Plano, Frisco and surrounding communities since 1991. This full-service facility features a full range of specialties including emergency medicine, cardiology, adult and adolescent behavioral health, pediatrics, an adult intensive care unit, state of the art and technologically advanced surgical services and a Level III NICU. Texas Health Plano has more than 1,600 employees and over 1,360 physicians on its medical staff in more than 65 specialties. The hospital is an Advanced Level III Trauma Facility, accredited Chest Pain Center by The Joint Commission, named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Collin County and a Gold-Level Mother Friendly business. Texas Health Plano is the recipient of the Disease Specific Care Certifications from the Joint Commission in Chest Pain, Joint Replacement – Hip and Joint Replacement – Knee and an Advanced Certification as a Primary Stroke Center. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.