Fort Worth, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Fort Worth
FT – 7p- 7a - Rotating Weekends/Holidays
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth, a Magnet facility, is in search of a Registered Nurse for our Renal med/surg unit. Our 28 bed Renal unit is a cohesive team environment that improves the quality of care for the Post transplant (kidney) patient and Med/surg Renal patient . Patients are admitted to this floor for complications after a transplant or their body is rejecting the transplant ie. kidney failure or infections. Our unit population, in addition to post transplant patients, encompasses complex patients with renal diagnosis, both chronic and acute, often with multiple comorbidities, and may be initiating Hemodialysis in our neighboring Hemodialysis unit on the same floor. We also serve the patient population that requires peritoneal dialysis. As a unit dedicated to the continuum of renal health we practice preventative and restorative nursing care, and in some cases participate in the transplant process, providing an expert home for their future care.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Our facilities are located across the greater Dallas – Ft. Worth area with a centrally located corporate office in Arlington, TX. We are one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the US that has the resources to offer a variety of career growth and professional development opportunities with equally remarkable benefits. Join our award-winning Texas Health family and contribute to our mission “to improve the health of the people in the communities we serve”. A few recent accomplishments we achieved include:
• 2015, 2016 and 2017 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®”
• 2015 “Healthiest Employer in North Texas” by Dallas Business Journal and 2015 Fortune “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials”
• Ranked #1 on the Fortune’s 2015 and 2016 “20 Best Workplaces in Health Care” and #2 on the nation's 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity for 2015 by Great Place to Work®
• 2015 and 2016 Platinum-level recognition from the American Heart Association (AHA) for being a “Fit-Friendly Worksite”
• 2015 Great Place to Work® and Fortune list of “50 Best Workplaces for Camaraderie”
• 2016 Becker's Healthcare’s "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare"
• Named by Hospital & Health Networks magazine as one of the nation’s 2016 “Most Wired” health care systems for the 16th time in 18 years
• Ranked #1 on 2016 “100 Best Workplaces for Women list” by Great Place to Work®
• Platinum-level recognition in the 2016 Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles® awards, sponsored by the National Business Group on Health (eighth year to appear on the list but is our first time to receive the Platinum award)
• Stage 7 Revalidation~ Texas Health Resources recently earned revalidation recognition for the premier award for electronic health record (EHR) adoption
Texas Health provides an environment for optimal success and we pride ourselves on providing eligible employees with a variety of great benefits which include:
• Matching 401 (K) plan, Flex Spending Accounts and a Credit Union
• Tuition reimbursement
• Wellness and Career Development Programs and Adoption Assistance
• Competitive compensation packages / Relocation Coach
• Medical, dental and vision insurance for eligible employees
• Life, AD&D and Long Term Care Insurance and Disability Coverage
• On-site Child Care and Fitness Centers (at select locations)
• Company Volunteer days
• Nursing Career Ladder and much more
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
• Graduate of a NLN (National League of Nursing) or CCNE (Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education) accredited nursing programs.
• RNs hired after January, 2014, require completion of BSN within 3 years of start date.
• RNs hired within THR after December, 2016, require completion of BSN within 2 years of start date.
• One year experience as a clinical nurse, or completion of an RN residency program. Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing
• Current AHA BLS training.
A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
• Previous renal/transplant experience or Med/Surg
• BSN preferred
• 2 + years experience as an RN in acute care
• Knowledge of computer documentation; good keyboard skills; working knowledge of the care and management of the patient in the setting
• Patient’s assessment and time management skills
• Must be a team player, have good communication skills and able to work in fast paced environment
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth is a 726-bed, Magnet-designated regional referral center that has served the residents of Tarrant County and surroundings communities since 1930. Hospital services include cardiovascular care, high-risk obstetrics, gynecology, orthopedics and sports medicine, neonatal intensive care, and trauma/emergency medicine. In early 2014, Texas Health Fort Worth will be opening a new 75,000 square foot Emergency Services Center, one of the largest in the region. Texas Health Fort Worth has more than 4,000 employees, 200 volunteers and nearly 1,000 physicians on its medical staff. Texas Health Fort Worth recently received national recognition for its oncology program and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Tarrant County. The hospital is also a designated Cycle III Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Medical, Surgical, Renal, Transplant, Kidney, Pancreas, “Fort Worth”, DFW “acute care setting”, “Registered Nurse” Baylor, HCA, “veteran nurse”, “military nurse”, “dd214”, “honorable discharge”, ”“supervisory”, “medical surgical nursing”, “med surg”, “critical care”
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.