Arlington, TX US
Central Monitoring Unit
Area of Interest:
Patient Support Services
Texas Health Arlington Memorial
Texas Health Arlington Memorial Hospital is seeking a Monitor Tech to work Full Time 3rd shift in the Central Monitoring Unit.
3-12hr shifts, 1845-0715, with weekend and holiday requirements
High School Diploma (or GED) required
One year direct patient care experience involving telemetry monitoring required or completion of education program which includes telemetry monitoring required.
Successful completion of Telemetry test within 30 days of hire and CPI within 60 days of hire.
• Demonstrates competency in the set up and use of the telemetry monitoring equipment.
• Collects, reports and documents patient information (rhythms/rate) timely and accurately.
• Seeks assistance, supervision or consultation when unsure of rhythm(s) identification.
• Distinguishes and reports abnormalities and initiates action to provide continuity of care.
• Admission/dismissals are processed promptly; Preparations are made to get the monitor ready for admission.
• Notifies RN promptly of any changes in monitor
• Communicates promptly of perceived risks specific to patient safety or immediate need for assistance.
• Safety checklist/quality controls completed as required
• Assures that alarms are activated with appropriate settings and are sufficiently audible
• Monitors are cleaned after each use
• Timely reporting of equipment malfunction
• Answers phone in timely manner
• Keep work area neat and orderly
• Serves as a patient advocate
• Assists with documentation that supports and meets hospital and regulatory requirements
• Complies with personnel policies i.e. Attendance, ID badge, Dress Code, et. al.
• Take steps to learn and develop own performance
• Maintains monitor skills
• Communicates per department expectations
• Uses Clinical Practice Model philosophy to work in partnership with patients, families, physicians, peers, and all
• Actively participates in informal training, development and evaluation of team members
• Acceptable use of interpersonal relationship skills with patients, families, co- workers, physicians, all disciplines,
and other customers
• Works assigned schedule and adjusts to help meet departmental and patient needs
• Accepts other duties, as assigned
• Maintain appropriate skills i.e. rhythm interpretation
Texas Health Arlington Memorial Hospital, a 369-bed acute-care, full-service medical center has been serving Arlington and the surrounding communities since 1958. Hospital services include comprehensive cardiac care, women’s services, neurosciences, cancer services, orthopedics, emergency services and an advanced imaging center. Texas Health Arlington Memorial has over 1,600 employees, 250 volunteers and 630 physicians on its medical staff. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence. For more information, visit TexasHealth.org/Arlington.