Fort Worth, TX US
ANTEPARTUM 3 JONES NORTH
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Fort Worth
Texas Health Ft. Worth, a MAGNET status, mother-friendly and baby-friendly facility, has a full-time experienced Antepartum RN opportunity.
* 22-bed Antepartum department - all female patients in various age ranges with very complex diagnosis
* Will also work with GYN overflow patients
* Around 50 employees which include 2 Nursing Supervisors (1 on each shift), Staff and Charge RNs, and PCT's
* Average length of stay is 2-weeks or more
* Focus on patient satisfaction
* named "Best Pace to Have a Baby" 20 times by readers of Fort Worth Child
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
RNs hired after January 2017 require completion of BSN within 2 years of start date.
Associates degree in Nursing is minimum.
Required minimum experience:
One (1) year experience as a clinical nurse (RN), or completion of an RN residency program.
Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire;
Current American Heart Association (AHA) BLS/CPR certification upon hire
Current NRP certification - if not current, must obtain within 90 days of hire.
Required skills (if applicable):
A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
* Critical thinking skills are necessary.
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) is preferred.
(Must obtain BSN within 2 years from date of hire)
* Prefer 2 or more recent years as an Antepartum RN from an acute care facility - will consider Labor & Delivery RN experience
Excellent customer service skills.
* Basic computer skills - computerized charting: on EPIC/Care Connect.
Good verbal and written communication skills.
* Fetal monitoring (EFM) certification is helpful
Full time: 36 hours/week , (3) 12-hour/shifts per week including weekend and holiday shifts/coverage; 6:30PM- 7:00 AM. Self-scheduling
Why Texas Health Resources?
Our facilities are located across the greater Dallas – Ft. Worth area with a centrally located corporate office in Arlington, TX.
We are one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the US that has the resources to offer a variety of career growth and professional development opportunities with equally remarkable benefits.
Join our award-winning Texas Health family and contribute to our mission “to improve the health of the people in the communities we serve”.
A few recent accomplishments we achieved include:
• 2015, 2016 and 2017 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®”
• 2015 “Healthiest Employer in North Texas” by Dallas Business Journal and 2015 Fortune “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials”
• 2015 “Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles” by the National Business Group on Health (marking the sixth year THR has received this award)
• 2015 and 2016 Platinum-level recognition from the American Heart Association (AHA) for being a “Fit-Friendly Worksite”
• 2015 Great Place to Work® and Fortune list of “50 Best Workplaces for Camaraderie”
• Ranked #3 on 2015 “100 Best Workplaces for Women list” by Great Place to Work®
Texas Health Resources provides a competitive benefits package:
*Eligibility for our Medical, Dental, prescription drug and Vision insurance plans
*401K retirement program
* Nursing Career Ladder
*Flexible spending accounts
*THR Be Healthy wellness plan
*Long & Short Term Disability
*Success sharing program
and much more!
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth is a 726-bed, Magnet-designated regional referral center that has served the residents of Tarrant County and surroundings communities since 1930. Hospital services include cardiovascular care, high-risk obstetrics, gynecology, orthopedics and sports medicine, neonatal intensive care, and trauma/emergency medicine. In early 2014, Texas Health Fort Worth will be opening a new 75,000 square foot Emergency Services Center, one of the largest in the region. Texas Health Fort Worth has more than 4,000 employees, 200 volunteers and nearly 1,000 physicians on its medical staff. Texas Health Fort Worth recently received national recognition for its oncology program and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Tarrant County. The hospital is also a designated Cycle III Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.