Fort Worth, TX US
B/U Med/Surg 5th FL
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Southwest
Three (3) 12-hour shifts, with some weekend and holidays, and preferred scheduling. 06:45a-19:15p
We believe quality patient care at Texas Health Southwest is provided and coordinated in collaboration with physicians, in an interdisciplinary environment by nurses with Healing Hands and Caring Hearts. Integral to caring is respecting and valuing the uniqueness of each person. We are responsive to our communities and patients' needs, values and preferences. We hold ourselves accountable for our own competence, critical thinking, decisions and nursing practice based on evidence obtained through research and continuing education. We value teamwork and collaboration with our colleagues and our patients to achieve optimal outcomes.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Our facilities are located across the greater Dallas – Ft. Worth area with a centrally located corporate office in Arlington, TX. We are one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the US that has the resources to offer a variety of career growth and professional development opportunities with equally remarkable benefits. Join our award-winning Texas Health family and contribute to our mission “to improve the health of the people in the communities we serve”. A few recent accomplishments we achieved include:
• 2015,2016 and 2017 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®”
• 2015 “Healthiest Employer in North Texas” by Dallas Business Journal and 2015 Fortune “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials”
• Ranked #1 on the Fortune’s 2015 and 2016 “20 Best Workplaces in Health Care” and #2 on the nation's 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity for 2015 by Great Place to Work®
• 2015 and 2016 Platinum-level recognition from the American Heart Association (AHA) for being a “Fit-Friendly Worksite”
• 2015 Great Place to Work® and Fortune list of “50 Best Workplaces for Camaraderie”
• 2016 Becker's Healthcare’s "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare"
• Named by Hospital & Health Networks magazine as one of the nation’s 2016 “Most Wired” health care systems for the 16th time in 18 years
• Ranked #1 on 2016 “100 Best Workplaces for Women list” by Great Place to Work®
• Platinum-level recognition in the 2016 Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles® awards, sponsored by the National Business Group on Health (eighth year to appear on the list but is our first time to receive the Platinum award)
• Stage 7 Revalidation~ Texas Health Resources recently earned revalidation recognition for the premier award for electronic health record (EHR) adoption
Texas Health provides an environment for optimal success and we pride ourselves on providing eligible employees with a variety of great benefits which include:
• Matching 401 (K) plan, Flex Spending Accounts and a Credit Union
• Tuition reimbursement
• Wellness and Career Development Programs and Adoption Assistance
• Competitive compensation packages / Relocation Coach
• Medical, dental and vision insurance for eligible employees
• Life, AD&D and Long Term Care Insurance and Disability Coverage
• On-site Child Care and Fitness Centers (at select locations)
• Company Volunteer days
• Nursing Career Ladder and much more
This Med/surg Tele unit is known for its positive culture, great preceptors, teamwork, exceptional customer service and high satisfaction scores! The unit has been recognized in several areas of specialty care and more than one-third of the nurses are certified by the Medical-Surgical Nursing Certification Board and many have received local and national awards for their outstanding contributions to nursing. It's a great place to share a nursing career!
• Graduate of a NLN (National League of Nursing) or CCNE (Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education) accredited nursing programs.
• BSN preferred.
• RNs hired after January, 2014, require completion of BSN within 3 years of start date. RNs hired within THR after December, 2016, require completion of BSN within 2 years of start date.
• One year experience as a clinical nurse, or completion of an RN residency program.
• Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire.
• Current AHA BLS training.
• A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
• Patient assessment and time management skills
• Must be a team player, have good communication skills and able to work in fast paced environment Effective in managing multiple acute chronic disease processes.
• Med/Surg experience preferred
• 2+ years of RN experience in acute care setting preferred
• BSN preferred.
• Practices within the regulations of the Texas Nurse Practice Act.
• Serves as a role model, intra/interdisciplinary collaborator and coordinator for quality patient care. Collaborate with multidisciplinary team members to improve processes that promote continuity of care
• Provide high quality patient care by evaluating and assessment of patient needs.
• Serve as patient/family advocate by seeking opportunities to instruct and educate patients and families about various medical conditions.
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest Fort Worth is a 222-bed full-service facility that includes surgical and imaging services, a 24-hour emergency department, orthopedics and sports therapy, adult critical care, and a Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Southwest Fort Worth, which has been serving Tarrant County residents since 1987, has 1,100 employees, 120 volunteers, and more than 600 physicians on its medical staff. The hospital is a Pathway to Excellence® designated hospital by American Nurses Credentialing Center, a designated UnitedHealth Premium Surgical Spine specialty center and has earned Quality Respiratory Care Recognition from the AARC. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class
Medical Surgical Nurse Nursing Azle Orthopedic “RN”, “Registered Nurse”, M/S, “Medical Surgical”, “Medical and Surgical” Nursing, “Medical Surgical Nurse”, “Medical Unit”, “Short Stay”, “Rehab”, “Post Surgical” “Sigma Theta Tau”, “BSN”, “Associate Nurse” “Diploma Nurse” “BSN” “Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing” “**Nur” “, “nurse clinician”, “clinical nurse”, “ Neuro Telemetry”, “M/Stele”
“Telemetry”, “Cardiac Telemetry”, “Tele” “Surgical Telemetry”, “Trauma Nurse”, “Med Surg”, M/S, “Med/Surg”, “Onc, “Oncology clinic”, “cancer center”, “Short Stay” “Neuro RN” “Ortho RN” “AMSN”, “MedSurg” “Baylor” “HCA”