Plano, TX US
Labor and Delivery
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Plano
Texas Health Plano, a MAGNET status and baby friendly facility, has a part-time opportunity for an experienced Labor & Delivery RN with acute care hospital experience.
Come join our Labor and Delivery team with the "Best Place to have a Baby in Collin County" designation!
Why Texas Health Resources?
Our facilities are located across the greater Dallas – Ft. Worth area with a centrally located corporate office in Arlington, TX.
We are one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the US that has the resources to offer a variety of career growth and professional development opportunities with equally remarkable benefits.
Join our award-winning Texas Health family and contribute to our mission “to improve the health of the people in the communities we serve”.
A few recent accomplishments we achieved include:
• 2015, 2016 and 2017 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®”
• 2015 “Healthiest Employer in North Texas” by Dallas Business Journal and 2015 Fortune “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials”
• 2015 “Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles” by the National Business Group on Health (marking the sixth year THR has received this award)
• 2015 and 2016 Platinum-level recognition from the American Heart Association (AHA) for being a “Fit-Friendly Worksite”
• 2015 Great Place to Work® and Fortune list of “50 Best Workplaces for Camaraderie”
• Ranked #3 on 2015 “100 Best Workplaces for Women list” by Great Place to Work®
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
4 OR suites
10 bed triage
- The department averages around Between 300 to 350+ deliveries per month
- 24/7 coverage by Hospitalists and Anesthesia
Part-time: (2) 12-hour shifts/week, 6:45PM-7:15AM, including some weekends and holidays, rotating schedule; Self scheduling.
Required minimum Education:
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
RNs hired after January 2017 require completion of BSN within 2 years of start date.
Associates degree in Nursing is minimum.
Required minimum Experience:
One (1) year experience as a clinical nurse or completion of an RN residency program.
(Labor & Delivery RN experience with triage, labor, deliver, circulate and recovery of patients experience)
Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire;
Current American Heart Association (AHA) BLS/CPR and NRP certifications upon hire
Credentials specific to specialty as defined -
- Current ACLS and - Current AWHONN - Advanced Fetal monitoring (EFM) certifications - if not current, to obtain within 6 months from hire.
- (Have 12 months from date of hire to obtain ACLS and Advanced EFM for Versant Residents)
Required skills (if applicable):
A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) is preferred.
(Must obtain BSN within 2 years of hire)
- Two (2) or more years recent Labor & Delivery RN experience
- RN experience from an acute care/hospital setting.
- Ability to triage patients
Basic computer skills - Knowledge of computer documentation; (computerized charting on EPIC/Care Connect).
Good verbal and written communication skills.
Flexibility with schedule.
Critical thinking skills.
Working knowledge of the care and management of the patient in the setting
Actively Incorporates the Quality Caring Model into everyday nursing practice. Develops relationship centered professional encounters with patients
* Comprehensive benefits package
* Medical, dental, prescription drug and vision plans
* 401K retirement program
* Tuition reimbursement
* Short term and long term disability
* Be Healthy Wellness program
* Fitness Center discounts - 1 on site
* Nursing Career Ladder (NCAP)
and much more!.
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano is a 366-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical leader, providing technologically advanced care to Plano, Frisco and surrounding communities since 1991. This full-service facility features a full range of specialties including emergency medicine, cardiology, adult and adolescent behavioral health, pediatrics, an adult intensive care unit, state of the art and technologically advanced surgical services and a Level III NICU. Texas Health Plano has more than 1,600 employees and over 1,360 physicians on its medical staff in more than 65 specialties. The hospital is an Advanced Level III Trauma Facility, accredited Chest Pain Center by The Joint Commission, named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Collin County and a Gold-Level Mother Friendly business. Texas Health Plano is the recipient of the Disease Specific Care Certifications from the Joint Commission in Chest Pain, Joint Replacement – Hip and Joint Replacement – Knee and an Advanced Certification as a Primary Stroke Center. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.