Fort Worth, TX US
Orthopedic Speciality Assoc
Area of Interest:
Patient Support Services
Texas Health Physicians Group
Texas Health Physicians Group is seeking to hire a Medical Assistant/Receptionist to work Full Time at Orthopedic Specialty Associates in Fort Worth, TX.
The schedule is Monday - Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm
Under the direction of the health care provider, is responsible for the delivery of patient care that promotes the safety and well being of all patients. Responsible for the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation, and evaluation. Collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes. Also is responsible for performing a variety of general administrative support duties associated with the patient intake process and performs routine duties within the clinic.
The ideal candidate would possess the following:
*High School Diploma or Equivalent is required
*Graduation form an Accredited Medical Assistant Program within 30 days of hire is required
*5 years of Medical Assistant experience in a physician's office in lieu of Medical Assistant Program is required
*1 year of Medical Assistant experience is preferred
*ACLS or BLS is preferred
*NCT - Non-Certified Radiologic Technician training may be required
• Ability to perform EKGs, draw blood, and administer injections as needed by assigned clinic.
• Ability to effectively communicate to staff and patients.
• Demonstrated knowledge of examination, diagnostic and treatment room procedures.
• Thorough knowledge of the meaning and use of medical terminology and abbreviations.
• Demonstrated sound judgment and composure with the ability to take appropriate action in questionable or emergency situations.
• Maintains a positive, caring attitude towards patients.
• Good computer skills using a medical management application.
• Possesses a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism.
• Performs general patient care by following established standards and procedures.
• Greets and prepares patients for the health care provider.
• Obtains and records vital signs including, but not limited to: blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respiration, height, weight, drug allergies, and current medications and presenting problem.
• May be required to draw and collect blood samples from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis, administer ordered medications and/or vaccines via oral, injection, topically, rectal, ophthalmic, and/or inhalant administration, and perform routine tests such as EKG’s.
• Documents patient plan(s) of care, tests and examination results in the medical record as directed by the provider.
• Schedules patients for diagnostic testing and follows up to ensure completion of testing.
• Communicates with patient regarding test results and plan of care by phone or mail as directed by physician.
• Prepares, cleans and sterilizes instruments and maintains equipment, disposing of contaminated items according to protocol. Keeps patient exam rooms stocked, clean and orderly.
• Escalates non-routine issues, questions and/or concerns to the practice manager or healthcare provider(s).
• Ensures safety checklists/quality controls are completed as required.
• Provides for patient safety and protection of patient privacy rights.
• Performs patient check-in at the time of visit and completes all paperwork necessary to ensure the admitting process is efficient and all clinic and regulatory policies are in compliance.
• Answers phone calls and directs them appropriately.
• Schedules appointments according to office guideline.
• Obtains accurate patient and insurance information, collecting copays and deductible amounts.
• Copies/scans patient access related hard copy materials (e.g. ID, referrals, insurance cards, etc.) into the correct location in the electronic medical record.
• Prepares charts for patient appointments making sure all necessary information is complete.
• Performs duties involving record filing and retrieval and assisting with the filing of registration documentation in electronic medical records.
• Conducts all functions associated with patient check-out including pricing services, collecting patient responsibility payments and scheduling follow-up appointments.
• Follows up with patients regarding the Missed Appointment Policy and sends out the appropriate communications.
• Confirms next day appointments and alerts patients as to what documentation is needed, including details associated with time-of-service payment.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Texas Health Physicians Group (THPG) includes more than 800 physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants dedicated to providing quality, patient-safe care at more than 240 offices located throughout the DFW Metroplex. THPG members are active in group governance and serve on multiple committees and councils. Ongoing Texas Health initiatives, like the Diversity Action Council and Living the Promise, have helped to create an inclusive, supportive, people-first, excellence-driven culture and workplace, making THPG a great place to work