Dallas, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Dallas
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas is currently seeking an Admissions Specialist.
SHIFT: Part-time-Tuesday, Friday and Saturday, 10:30 PM - 7:00 AM *MUST BE AVAILABLE FOR A TWO WEEK TRAINING PERIOD M-F 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM*
PLEASE NOTE: This position is located in the Emergency Room. It is a fast paced environment and requires quick thinking when dealing with emergency situations. In this role the admissions specialist will be exposed to various clinical emergencies as patients arrive to the ER. Please be advised that the majority of the shift is spent on your feet as you register patients.
Qualifications are as follows:
*High School diploma or equivalent required
*One (1) year related experience required
*One (1)-Two (2) years of hospital clerical, general clerical or Certificate of Achievement in clerical or business related course preferred
*Experience in physician's office is helpful
*CHAA- Certified Healthcare Access Associate certification preferred.
*CPI-Crisis Prevention Intervention Training within 60 days is required
• Requires good written, oral, and telephone communication skills.
• Requires knowledge of general office equipment, PC’s and associated software packages.
• Ability to type 35 WPM corrected for errors preferred.
• General knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
Ability to type, spell, write or print legibly with general knowledge of personal computers.
Strong interpersonal communication, documentation, customer service and collection skills
• Accurately gathers complete financial and demographic information to ensure medical records/billing process flows efficiently.
• Obtains and/or updates verification of benefits and/or pre-certification for applicable tests and/or procedures.
• Prepares, presents, and thoroughly explains applicable legal, ethical, and compliance documents; ensures proper consents are signed by the appropriate parties. Maintains documentation of the same.
• Maximizes reimbursement for services rendered by appropriately identifying insurance carrier, benefits, etc. Prevents denials by ensuring timely notification of admission to insurance carriers.
• Assists patients in understanding financial obligations; collects co-payments, self-pay deposits, and patient balances to reduce Accounts Receivable.
• Stays abreast of and complies with applicable regulations, entity and/or system policies and procedures. Maintains customer service and/or productivity guidelines set forth by applicable leadership.
• Completes other duties as assigned.
KEYWORDS: "Admissions", "Registration", "Scheduling", “Patient Finance”, “Patient Access”, “Healthcare Access”, “Access Services”, "Admitting", "Scheduler", "Registrar", “Central Scheduling”, “Patient Access Services", "Hospitality", "Customer Service", "Banking", "Emergency", "ER", "Emergency Room" "Starbucks".
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas is an 898-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical program leader, having provided compassionate care to the residents of Dallas and surrounding communities since 1966. A full-service regional referral center, Texas Health Dallas has approximately 3,500 employees and 1,100 physicians on its medical staff, and offers a full range of services, including cancer care, cardiology, neuroscience, orthopedics, senior care, women's services and a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Dallas has been recognized as a U.S. News and World Report Best Hospital in multiple specialties and is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers . The hospital is also a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, a certified Emergency Stroke Care center and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Dallas County in 2012. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.