Stephenville, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Stephenville
Texas Health Resources has a full time opportunity for a Full Time On Call SANE nurse to support Texas Health Stephenville.
Associate's Degree Nursing RNs hired after January 2017 require completion of BSN within 2
years of start date. Bachelor's Degree Nursing preferred.
2 Years As a clinical nurse
Skills and Abilities
• A high degree of confidentiality, good customer service skills, excellent communication skills, self-directed and ability to
function at a high level of autonomy and accountability.
• Ability to interact with multidisciplinary teams, communicate program needs and work with peers to establish continuity of
Competent sexual assault nurse examiner (SANE) skills to ensure continued SANE certification.
A high degree of confidentiality, good customer service skills, excellent communication skills, self directed and ability to function at a high level of autonomy and accountability.
Licenses and Certifications
RN - Registered Nurse Upon Hire
BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support Upon Hire,
SANE - Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner Upon Hire
TNCC - Trauma Nursing Core Course within 90 Days of hire.
Provide timely, non-judgmental, compassionate care to patients with a complaint of sexual assault by utilizing the
nursing process to identify and prioritize needs
• Assess patient’s psychological and social needs and makes appropriate referrals, collaborates closely with rape
crisis center hospital accompaniment advocate to assure patient’s needs are met
• Demonstrate ability to identify needs of patients with a complaint of sexual assault that would require physician
intervention in a timely manner
• Perform a complete sexual assault medical forensic examination including obtaining a medical history for the
purpose of treatment, detailed head-to-toe assessment for trauma to include all body orifices and forensic
specimen collection as indicated by history or examination findings; documentation to possibly include photography
• Maintain chain of custody for each exam and adhere to evidence protocols
• Administer all medications per program protocol
• Maintain equipment in proper working condition and exercise fiscal responsibility with unit’s resources
• Maintain expertise and current knowledge in performing medical forensic sexual assault exams to include but not
limited to forensic science, trauma and related issues, legal case law and statutes, evidence collection procedures
and emerging trends
• Maintain working knowledge of role responsibilities for law enforcement and medical investigative responsibilities
to meet crime lab needs for processing evidence effectively
• Represent the medical forensic sexual assault exam during courtroom testimony.
• Participate in professional development, community education and prevention efforts in collaboration with or as
assigned by leadership
• Participate in community education and prevention efforts in collaboration with or as assigned by leadership.
• Maintain patient logs on a regular basis to ensure reports can be generated in a timely manner
• Collaborates with community hospital accompaniment advocate during examinations to ensure patients have
• Assist THR Entity ED Business Office with invoicing; review charts and submit completed invoices to Business
Office within 72 hours after examination complete
• Facilitate documentation storage; scan all pertinent paper documents to the appropriate file in HIM and file paper
documents per document storage protocol
• Provide guidance to all SANE PRN staff and SANE trainee staff in EMR documentation as the ED CareConnect
• Provide guidance to all SANE PRN staff and SANE trainee staff in the use of the encrypted camera system,
evidence kits, completion of documentation to include CVC applications and other duties as determined
• Orient all new trainees and PRN SANEs to service hubs and other service sites under direction of FNE and
• Real-time resource for ED staff, transfer center, other THR entities and community partners as needed as regards
the management of the patient presenting with a complaint of experiencing sexual assault
• Maintain services hubs and sites to ensure all areas are stocked and clean at all times
• Facilitate collection of camera cards and evidence collection kits from services sites to be managed at service hubs
Other staff RN duties 10%
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served.
Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures, and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals.
At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career through our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.