Arlington, TX US
Central Staffing Office
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Resources System Services
Texas Health Resources Central Staffing-an internal staffing agency-is currently in search of a Telemetry Registered Nurse. This Full-time time position will work a minimum of 36 hours, varying shifts. Must have flexibility to float throughout the Metroplex to a minimum of three (3) or more entities. At least one (1) holiday worked per year.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
- Graduate of a NLN (National League of Nursing) or CCNE (Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education) accredited nursing programs.
- A minimum of an Associate's Degree in Nursing as well as hold a current license to practice in the state of Texas as a Registered Nurse (RN); Single State or Compact State
- BSN strongly preferred. RNs hired after Jan 2017 completion of BSN within 2 years of THR RN start date as defined in offer letter.
- At least one year of clinical nurse or completion of an RN residency program required, One year of previous experience in specialty area of acute care hospital is strongly preferred.
- Current AHA BCLS, AHA ACLS, NIHSS required upon hire. Completion of CPI (Crisis Prevention Intervention) required within 60 days of hire. Additional certifications such as ENPC or PALS etc may be required
As primary care giver, candidates for this position will have the opportunity to stay actively involved in the total care plan through patient and family education. Responsibilities will include patient assessment, creating and maintaining a sterile and safe environment to include service as patient advocate. Initiate action to protect patient rights and/or preferences; adhere to HIPAA, Safety and Infection Control guidelines. Candidates will be expected to maintain and enhance nursing skills. Basic computer knowledge, excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must.
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served.
Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures, and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals.
At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career through our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.