Nurse Navigator ED-Full Time-HEB
Bedford, TX US
DSRIP-ED PATIENT NAVIGATOR
Area of Interest:
Texas Health HEB
Hearts makes a difference! Texas Health Resources, One of FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to work for is dedicated to finding people to help us fulfill our commitment to make health care human again. We staff our exemplary hospital with health care professionals who approach every patient, every colleague, every physician and every family member with compassion. Come join us on our Journey as we rise to the next level.
Our HEB (Hurst, Euless, Bedford) location is seeking to hire a Nurse Navigator ED Registered Nurse full time.
Schedule/Hours: 8AM - 5PM
Bachelor Degree in Nursing, Masters Preferred
RN - Registered Nurse Upon Hire
BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support Upon Hire
3 Years relevant clinical experience
3 Years ED nursing and/or case management experience preferred
• Utilizes the nursing process in determining the specialty needs of individual patients for successful outpatient management of their clinical conditions when appropriate; works with the interdisciplinary team and patient to develop, implement and monitor a comprehensive plan of care to prevent, mitigate and/or manage varied health care conditions.
• Navigates identified patients to primary and preventive care by assisting patients to obtain a primary care physician and/or enrollment in a chronic disease management clinic to more effectively manage their clinical needs on an ongoing basis; connects patients to necessary community resources and facilitates arrangements for obtaining those services.
• Intervenes as necessary to provide patient education, assist in coordination of care and monitor identified patients post discharge to assist in overcoming barriers and encourage compliance with follow-up plans.
• Provides consultation to professional colleagues, patients and families regarding clinical and operational issues as indicated; contributes to staff education.
• Documents assessments and interventions in the patient's medical records; communicates findings and actions to members of the care team as indicated.
Positive interpersonal skills, proficient computer skills including Excel and other database
software programs; ability to work independently; working knowledge of the care and
management of varied patient populations; preferred bilingual (English/Spanish)
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Hurst-Euless-Bedford is a 296-bed, acute-care facility serving Northeast Tarrant County since 1973. With more than 550 physicians on its medical staff, hospital services include outpatient surgery, women’s services, a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, a dedicated oncology unit and cardiac rehabilitation. Texas Health HEB recently received a dual accreditation as a Cycle IV Chest Pain Center and Heart Failure Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, is certified as a Primary Stroke Center and a designated "Baby Friendly" facility by WHO and UNICEF. Our location brings the best of suburban living, offering you the benefits of convenience and solid career opportunities.