Kaufman, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Kaufman
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital of Kaufman is seeking to hire an Ultrasonographer II PRN.
PRN: As needed
Based on the departments need
Associate's Degree Graduate of an AMA approved /
accredited Ultrasound Program
6 Months clinical experience
1 year or more in a hospital setting is preferred
Required Licenses and Certifications:
BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support Upon Hire and
ARRT - American Registry of Radiologic Technologists Upon Hire
ARDMS - American Registry for Diagnostic and Medical Sonographers - must have 2 certifications if no ARRT Upon Hire
RVT - Registered Vascular Technologist
RVS - Registered Vascular Specialist
Competency in scanning/equipment operation. Excellent Communication skills. Ability to multitask and prioritize.
Computer entry skills; able to work with minimal supervision; must be self directed, independent and goal oriented; must be able to assume “on call” duties that comply with the “on call” rules stated in the Radiology department’s “call” policy.
Job Duties/Essential Functions:
Imaging Procedures, Quality and Processing
• Explains procedures to patient or guardian / family member if applicable prior to and during exam.
• Images correct anatomical area of interest and pathology according to department protocols.
• Performs complex procedures including age related criteria and developmental considerations.
• Adjusts ultrasound parameters appropriately for quality images.
• Assists radiologist with complex and invasive procedures using aseptic technique.
• Processes and manipulates images, analyzes image quality, troubleshoots, suggest differential diagnosis.
• Utilizes proper downtime procedures for PACS and HIS / RIS.
• Correctly sends and transfers images to PACS.
• Works in tandem with staff to ensure laser images from modality or PACS are printed as needed.
Equipment Operation and Maintenance
• Adjusts technical parameters to optimize image.
• Operates, cares for and maintains equipment.
• Applies proper knowledge of instrumentation, probe selection and cognitive sonographic skills.
• Troubleshoots and properly documents equipment malfunction.
• Maintains equipment and room to sanitary standards.
• Adheres to hospital standards for infection control for patient, equipment, and self.
• Stocks/maintains supplies and linen.
• Demonstrates the knowledge and understanding of quality control and regulatory standards.
• Prepares room for examination (i.e. suction, oxygen, supplies).
• Checks physician orders and exam requisitions using time-out procedures.
• Greets and acknowledges patient, using two forms of ID.
• Obtains patient history.
• Handles patients with IVs, oxygen, chest tubes or other devices, and monitor patient during imaging.
• Demonstrates knowledge of emergency drugs and equipment.
• Uses proper body mechanics when assisting patient.
• Processes patient information, displays proper phone etiquette and transports patients as needed.
Professional Accountability and Partnership
• Maintains ARDMS, CME credits and CPR yearly or when applicable (ARRT and CMRT if applicable).
• Attends departmental continuing education, meetings, and checks email routinely.
• Identifies, troubleshoots and initiates quality improvement.
• Manages time and re-prioritizes as necessary.
• Performs any assignment deemed necessary by supervisor
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Kaufman is a 91-bed acute-care, full-service hospital serving Kaufman and Henderson counties and southern Dallas County since 1979. Hospital services include women’s care, cardiac rehabilitation, wound care and diagnostic and imaging services. Texas Health Kaufman was recently recognized as a Pathway to Excellence® hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center and is a Level IV Trauma Center. Our location, 35 miles southeast of downtown Dallas, brings all the perks of country living to your lifestyle and puts the city's best features within convenient reach.