Arlington, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Resources System Services
This position is located at the Chase Building in Arlington, Texas
Education: Bachelor's Degree required in Healthcare, Hospital, Public, or Business Administration. Master's degree preferred
Experience: Three years of full-time experience planning, developing and monitoring programs, systems and/or procedures in support of administrative management initiatives, one year of which must have been in a responsible managerial or supervisory capacity; or satisfactory combination of education, training and experience.
Experience must include no less than five years years experience with Epic Revenue Cycle applications.
Experience with an Epic implementation at a multi-hospital system, and/or a major academic medical center (preferred), three years of revenue cycle healthcare systems experience and experience on commercial core revenue cycle applications.
Two full life-cycle implementations (preferred)
5 years Experience of RelayHealth/E-Premis Electronic Billing system (preferred)
Skills: Strong understanding of the core functions and processes of the billing office
• Manages Epic Resolute Hospital Billing application teams within the Epic project, including Directors, Managers, Billers, and Revenue Cycle Business Analysts
• Manages E-Premis/Relay Assurance/Change Health Billing System – for clean claim acceptance by payers
• Knowledge of ICD10 codes, DRG’s, APR-DRG, HCPC codes, Modifiers, Split billing, Occurrence codes, Occurrence span codes, Value codes, Condition codes and any data related in getting a clean and compliant claim adjudicated.
• Must ensure billing regulatory compliance with government and non-government payers
• Must review Medicare and Medicaid regulations, as well as commercial payer bulletins to ensure compliant and timely billing – for accurate reimbursement
• Position is required to have thorough knowledge of billing related file formats and understand how the different loops and segments are populated 837I/837P
• Knowledge with return codes from vendors and how to access vendor systems for claim status
• Provides a wide range of advisory services to departmental leadership in support of critical unit/departmental services.
• Assists in the administrative management of specified functions and initiatives, including the interpretation of relevant billing policies and procedures.
• Contributes to the development of new programs, systems and/or procedures and ensure the successful functioning and efficiency of the Epic implementation, as appropriate.
• Critically evaluates information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served.
Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures, and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals.
At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career through our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.