Dallas, TX US
B/U-TELE/CARDIOLOGY: MAIN 2W
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Dallas
Come join the Progressive Care Nursing Team at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas, a MAGNET facility!
Texas Health Dallas, a MAGNET status facility, is in search of a Registered Nurse II to work full time nights for the PCCU Heart, Vascular Intervention Unit/Cardiac Telemetry.
The ideal candidate will be a team player who is excellent at communicating with peers, physicians, patients and who cares about customer service.
Full time. (Shift: 7p-7a) for a total of 36 hours per week (3) 12-hour shifts/week with weekend requirements. Self-scheduling
In order to qualify for this the following criteria must be met:
* Graduate of a NLN (National League of Nursing) or CCNE (Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education) accredited nursing programs.
* Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing;
Associates Degree Required. *BSN preferred.
RNs hired within THR after December, 2016, require completion of BSN within 2 years of start date.
*One (1) year experience as a clinical nurse (RN), or completion of an RN residency program,
*One (1) year of PCU/Cardiac Telemetry RN experience strongly preferred
* Prior Telemetry Experience Strongly preferred
* Current AHA BLS training
* EKG rhythm interpretation
* ACLS certification is helpful
In addition, you must hold a high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills and the ability to function in a fast-paced environment and be proficient in Windows applications.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Our facilities are located across the greater Dallas – Ft. Worth area with a centrally located corporate office in Arlington, TX.
We are one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the US that has the resources to offer a variety of career growth and professional development opportunities with equally remarkable benefits.
Join our award-winning Texas Health family and contribute to our mission “to improve the health of the people in the communities we serve”.
A few recent accomplishments we achieved include:
• 2015, 2016, and 2017 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®”
• 2015 “Healthiest Employer in North Texas” by Dallas Business Journal and 2015 Fortune “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials”
• 2015 “Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles” by the National Business Group on Health (marking the sixth year THR has received this award)
• 2015 and 2016 Platinum-level recognition from the American Heart Association (AHA) for being a “Fit-Friendly Worksite”
• 2015 Great Place to Work® and Fortune list of “50 Best Workplaces for Camaraderie”
• Ranked #3 on 2015 “100 Best Workplaces for Women list” by Great Place to Work®
Texas Health provides an environment for optimal success and we pride ourselves on providing eligible employees with a variety of great benefits which include:
• Matching 401 (K) plan, Flex Spending Accounts and a Credit Union
• Tuition reimbursement
• Wellness and Career Development Programs and Adoption Assistance
• Competitive compensation packages / Relocation Coach
• Medical, dental, vision and prescription drug insurance plans for eligible employees
• Life, AD&D and Long Term Care Insurance and Disability Coverage
• On-site Child Care and Fitness Centers (at select locations)
• Company Volunteer days
* Nursing Career Ladder (NCAP)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas is an 898-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical program leader, having provided compassionate care to the residents of Dallas and surrounding communities since 1966. A full-service regional referral center, Texas Health Dallas has approximately 3,500 employees and 1,100 physicians on its medical staff, and offers a full range of services, including cancer care, cardiology, neurosciences, orthopedics, senior care, women's services and a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Dallas has been recognized as a U.S. News and World Report Best Hospital in multiple specialties and is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers . The hospital is also a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, a certified Emergency Stroke Care center and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Dallas County in 2012.We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.