Cleburne, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Cleburne
Texas Health Cleburne, a baby-friendly facility, has a full-time experienced Labor & Delivery and Maternal/Newborn RN opportunity. 7p-7a rotating weekends and holidays
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
* Required minimum education:
RNs hired within THR after December, 2016, require completion of BSN within 2 years of start date.
Required minimum experience:
One (1) year experience as a clinical nurse (RN) in labor & delivery, or completion of an RN residency program, or acceptance into a THR residency program.
At least 1 year of Labor & Delivery (L&D) and Maternal/Newborn RN experience from an acute care facility
Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire
Current AHA BLS/CPR training certification
Credentials specific to specialty as defined:
- Current NRP and ACLS certifications
- Fetal monitoring (EFM) certification within 6 months of hire if not current
Required skills (if applicable):
A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability
to function in a fast-paced environment.
* Critical thinking skills are necessary.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) is preferred
(Must obtain BSN within 2 years from date of hire)
- RN experience in a family centered care environment preferred.
- Flexibility with schedule
- Prefer 3 or more years of RN experience in Labor & Delivery, Postpartum and Nursery, Women's Services
- Prefer RN experience from a high volume acute care facility
* 7 LDR's
* 1 OR suite
* 1 Triage room
* 4 beds - GYN surgeries
* 4 LDR over flow beds
* Couplet care
* Average 50 deliveries per month - and increasing
* Nap time schedule
* Skin-to-skin care
* Holistic approach to patient care - provide water births
* LDRP setting, locked unit
Full-time: 36 hours/week = (3) 12-hour shifts/week including weekend and holiday shifts/coverage; 6:45PM-7:15AM
Texas Health provides an environment for optimal success and we pride ourselves on providing eligible employees with a variety of great benefits which include:
• Matching 401 (K) plan, Flex Spending Accounts and a Credit Union
• Tuition reimbursement
• Wellness and Career Development Programs and Adoption Assistance
• Competitive compensation packages / Relocation Coach
• Medical, dental and vision insurance for eligible employees
• Life, AD&D and Long Term Care Insurance and Disability Coverage
• On-site Child Care and Fitness Centers (at select locations)
• Company Volunteer days
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Cleburne is a 137-bed, full-service hospital that has served Cleburne and the Johnson County area since 1986. Located about 35 miles south of Fort Worth, hospital services include surgery, women’s care, gastroenterology, orthopedics and ear, nose and throat care. The center has have over 80 physicians on its medical staff and has been recognized as a 2013 Top Performer for Quality Care in a nationwide performance improvement project, an accredited Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, and designated a Pathway to Excellence® hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Recognitions like these make our facility intensely qualified to serve our community and your professional aspirations.