Plano, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Plano
Texas Health Plano, a MAGNET and baby-friendly facility, has a part-time opportunity for an experienced Lactation Consultant RN.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Our facilities are located across the greater Dallas – Ft. Worth area with a centrally located corporate office in Arlington, TX.
We are one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the US that has the resources to offer a variety of career growth and professional development opportunities with equally remarkable benefits.
Join our award-winning Texas Health family and contribute to our mission “to improve the health of the people in the communities we serve”.
A few recent accomplishments we achieved include:
• 2015, 2016, and 2017 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®”
• 2015 “Healthiest Employer in North Texas” by Dallas Business Journal and 2015 Fortune “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials”
• 2015 “Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles” by the National Business Group on Health (marking the sixth year THR has received this award)
• 2015 and 2016 Platinum-level recognition from the American Heart Association (AHA) for being a “Fit-Friendly Worksite”
• 2015 Great Place to Work® and Fortune list of “50 Best Workplaces for Camaraderie”
• Ranked #3 on 2015 “100 Best Workplaces for Women list” by Great Place to Work®
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
Associate's Degree in Nursing is minimum.
Bachelor or Science in Nursing (BSN) is preferred.
RNs hired after January 2017 require completion of BSN within 2 years of start date.
Required minimum experience:
One (1) year experience as a clinical nurse (RN), or completion of an RN residency program.
Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire;
Current American Heart Association (AHA) BCLS/CPR certification upon hire.
Credentials specific to specialty as defined:
- IBCLC certification within 12 months of hire if not current
Required skills (if applicable):
A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
* Critical thinking skills are necessary
* Proficient in maternal/newborn assessment and breastfeeding services
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) is preferred.
(Must obtain BSN within 2 years from date of hire)
Flexibility with schedule
Recent experience in Women's Services or Lactation within the last 1-2 years.
* Basic computer skills/knowledge - Microsoft Word and Outlook; computerized charting on EPIC/Care Connect
* Excellent communication and customer service skills
Lactation support services covering both inpatient and outpatient areas as well as the 43-bed Level III Neonatal ICU/NICU.
Part time:24 hours/week, hours vary
(3) 8-hour shifts/week, both days and evenings combined; 7:45AM-4:00PM, or 3:00PM-11:30PM, float, rotate weekend and holiday coverage; flexible with hours; will be the only evening individual for Lactation Consultant; 6-week schedules, self-scheduling.
* Comprehensive benefits package
* Medical, dental, prescription drug and vision plans
* 401K retirement
* Nursing Career Ladder (NCAP)
* Tuition reimbursement
* Short term and long term disability
* Be Healthy Wellness program
* Fitness Center discounts
* Free parking
and much more!.
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano is a 366-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical leader, providing technologically advanced care to Plano, Frisco and surrounding communities since 1991. This full-service facility features a full range of specialties including emergency medicine, cardiology, adult and adolescent behavioral health, pediatrics, an adult intensive care unit, state of the art and technologically advanced surgical services and a Level III NICU. Texas Health Plano has more than 1,600 employees and over 1,360 physicians on its medical staff in more than 65 specialties. The hospital is an Advanced Level III Trauma Facility, accredited Chest Pain Center by The Joint Commission, named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Collin County and a Gold-Level Mother Friendly business. Texas Health Plano is the recipient of the Disease Specific Care Certifications from the Joint Commission in Chest Pain, Joint Replacement – Hip and Joint Replacement – Knee and an Advanced Certification as a Primary Stroke Center. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.