Plano, TX US
B/U Med Surg 7C Bariatr
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Plano
Minimum Education Required: BSN
Minimum Experience Required: Three years in progressive leadership AND five years of experience in clinical area
Minimum Licensure/Certifications Required: RN
• Plan, organize, and delegate activities as required for safe, efficient, and effective operation of the unit
including active participation with other hospital departments and leadership to accomplish this purpose.
• Provide resources and guidance to support the utilization of evidence based practice standards.
• Identify and utilize processes and resources that support optimal delivery of data and information to staff.
• Facilitate activities that prepare unit, environment, and staff to meet credentialing bodies requirements.
• Identify key drivers in throughput process, evaluate areas role, and develop solutions to barriers.
QUALITY PATIENT CARE OUTCOMES:
• Plan, manage, patient care processes to improve performance.
• Facilitate delivery of quality patient care.
• Require documentation that meets hospital and credentialing standards/policy/guidelines.
• Demonstrates positive supportive role in change process.
• Responsible for staffing based on patient care needs.
• Responsible for personnel functions including staff, performance reviews and corrective action.
• Promote professional growth and development of all employees.
• Supports diversity and inclusion in the organization.
• Recognize and reward individual and team accomplishments.
• Promote staff retention.
• Facilitate new staff orientation.
• Supports shared decision-making through the unit-based council.
• Incorporate customer needs and expectations into daily operations and business planning strategies.
• Promote team building strategies and principles of group process in interaction with staff.
• Prepares operating and capital budgets for areas of responsibility.
• Manages approved operating and capital budgets effectively and adjusts strategies as needed to meet budget expectations.
• Identifies and evaluates patient care requirements and outcomes based upon patient acuity, system and budgetary guidelines.
• Demonstrates involvement in professional organization.
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano is a 366-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical leader, providing technologically advanced care to Plano, Frisco and surrounding communities since 1991. This full-service facility features a full range of specialties including emergency medicine, cardiology, adult and adolescent behavioral health, pediatrics, an adult intensive care unit, state of the art and technologically advanced surgical services and a Level III NICU. Texas Health Plano has more than 1,600 employees and over 1,360 physicians on its medical staff in more than 65 specialties. The hospital is an Advanced Level III Trauma Facility, accredited Chest Pain Center by The Joint Commission, named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Collin County and a Gold-Level Mother Friendly business. Texas Health Plano is the recipient of the Disease Specific Care Certifications from the Joint Commission in Chest Pain, Joint Replacement – Hip and Joint Replacement – Knee and an Advanced Certification as a Primary Stroke Center. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.