Arlington, TX US
IT Risk Management
Area of Interest:
Information Services or Technology
Texas Health Resources System Services
Texas Health Resources is seeking a Cybersecurity Analyst III for their IT Risk Management Department.
This position uses technical experience and inquisitive nature to analyze the network landscape to detect, respond and coordinate activities associated with threats, vulnerabilities and incidents. The position will lead, develop, coordinate and execute prescriptive actions within the Cybersecurity Incident Response plan, threat management plans, and playbooks.
Minimum Education Required:
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or related field
• 4 Years Relevant experience in lieu of a degree
Minimum Experience Required:
• 4 years of relevant experience, preferably in information security
• Incident Response Experience
• Security Analytics Experience
• Windows or Powershell Security Experience
• IMB Guardium or Varonis suite experience highly preferred
Licenses and Certifications:
• CEH, GSEC, GCFA, GCIA, GCIH Preferred
• Experience working in a security/network operations center or managed security services.
• Experience with design and implementation of security monitoring solutions (events, incidents, correlation, logs).
• Experience with threat analytics and security event management platforms.
• Experience with collecting, analyzing, and interpreting qualitative and quantitative data from multiple sources for the purposes of documenting results and analyzing findings to provide meaningful products.
• Experience with risk management technologies (Archer, RSAM, Metricstream).
• Ability to develop and coordinate defensive measures across large technology portfolios.
• System administration experience (Linux, Unix, Windows, Active Directory, Databases, etc).
• Network administration experience (routing and switching, connectivity troubleshooting, firewalls).
• Leading and coordinating security incident management processes.
• Security incident/event triage and forensics.
• Experience in performing malware analysis.
• Vulnerability scanning, remediation and mitigation.
• Developing and implementing threat and vulnerability management processes.
• Excellent written and verbal communications.
• Productivity and data visualization software.
• Complex problem-solving.
• Self-starter; demonstrate personal initiative and willingly assume responsibly and ownership.
• Candidate must be able to react quickly, decisively, and deliberately in high stress situations.
• Designs, engineers, configures, maintains, analyzes, and tunes vulnerability management, threat management, security analytics and event monitoring systems.
• Coordinates threat activities with managed security operations services, external agencies and information sharing centers/organizations.
• Actively researches new and emerging threats, maintains enterprise threat matrix and inventory of ongoing threats, vulnerabilities, exploits and security incidents.
• Works with system owners, systems administrators, and vendors on implementing secure configurations.
• Develops, manages, and coordinates indicators of compromise.
• Develops and distributes threat reports and alerts to stakeholders and senior leadership.
• Performs vulnerability scanning and coordinates independent internal and external penetration tests.
Cybersecurity Incident Response:
• Develops and integrates security incident response procedures and manages system wide security incident response plan. Designs, engineers, deploys, and operates incident response tools.
• Coordinates annual cybersecurity exercises.
• Coordinates security incident response services and processes with business and technology stakeholders.
• Performs computer forensic response, investigation, and reporting. Coordinates forensic service activates with other departments such as compliance, human resources, and legal.
• Ensures all threats and incidents are fully documented.
• Follows change management, incident and problem management processes.
• Ensures all systems that fall within the scope of this position’s duties are fully documented.
• Prioritizes work appropriately, carrying out assignments with the appropriate level of direction and completing tasks working independently, while assisting others.
• Monitors work progress, informing team leaders, team managers and/or customers of project status, problems or obstacles and workload problems in a timely manner while mentoring/assisting others.
• Provides timely and accurate status reports working independently, while mentoring/assisting others
• Enters work time appropriately and timely into applicable system and tasks working independently, while mentoring/assisting others.
• Develops detailed, accurate, complete, cost effective and resource conservative design solutions that cleanly integrate with existing products and provide an easy path for future enhancements, by examining all possible courses of action and displaying sound logic and reasoning to arrive at an optimum solution, working independently, while mentoring/assisting others.
• Develops complete and accurate structured system acceptance test, deployment, back-out, and recovery plans.
• Executes testing and documents the results working independently while mentoring/assisting others.
• Develops and update appropriate Service Desk documentation.
• Monitors system performance statistics to ensure changes perform within technology and security policy and standards.
Professional Development and Education:
• Shares work experiences and expertise with others while mentoring/assisting others.
• Strives to improve business knowledge working independently, while mentoring/assisting others.
• Strives to improve technical knowledge with little or no supervision.
• Monitors industry trends for applicability working independently while mentoring/assisting others.
• Participates in THR educational opportunities working independently while mentoring/assisting others and create career development with manager
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served.
Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures, and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals.
At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career through our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.