Fort Worth, TX US
Long Term Acute Care
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Specialty Hospital
LTAC Registered Nurse / RN – Great compensation & benefits
Are you a Registered Nurse looking to join a tight-knit family of Nurses?
Check out this great opportunity to join the Texas Health Specialty Hospital Fort Worth family which is a hospital within a hospital. More than 25 years old, it has been successful for a very long time, and many attribute that to the amazing people who work here.
•Pathway to Excellence Hospital
•Texas Health Nursing Education opportunities including NCAP eligibility and parallel compensation with our Acute Care hospitals
•Our 10-bed, long term acute care hospital offers an environment for you to use your clinical expertise to provide individualized and holistic care for patients with intensive nursing needs
•Low nurse-to-patient ratio - opportunity to impact the progress of our patient’s health over our average 25-day length of stay and make a difference in our patient’s quality of life
•Convenient location in downtown Fort Worth in Texas Health Ft. Worth
Click or copy/paste the below to watch a short video about Texas Health Specialty Hospital
Is this opportunity a match for you?
•Serve as a role model, be an intra/interdisciplinary collaborator and a coordinator for quality patient care
• (3) 12 hour shifts (variable) ;11 am - 11 pm primarily; weekends and holidays required
•One (1) year experience as a clinical nurse, or completion of an RN residency program
•A Graduate of a NLN (National League of Nursing) or CCNE (Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education) accredited nursing programs
•Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire
•Current BCLS (AHA) upon hire
•Current ACLS (AHA) upon hire
A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
A few other details:
•Our patient population includes Ventilator-dependent patients with rehabilitation potential, Multiple trauma patients, Patients with complex wound care and Multisystem failure patients
•BSN preferred; RNs hired within THR after January 2017, require completion of BSN within 2 years of start date
•ICU/PCU/Tele experience preferred
Why Texas Health Resources?
Our facilities are located across the greater Dallas – Ft. Worth area with a centrally located corporate office in Arlington, TX. We are one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the US that has the resources to offer a variety of career growth and professional development opportunities with equally remarkable benefits. Join our award-winning Texas Health family and contribute to our mission “to improve the health of the people in the communities we serve”. A few recent accomplishments we achieved include:
• 2015 and 2016 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®”
• 2015 “Healthiest Employer in North Texas” by Dallas Business Journal and 2015 Fortune “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials”
• 2015 “Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles” by the National Business Group on Health (marking the sixth year THR has received this award)
• 2015 and 2016 Platinum-level recognition from the American Heart Association (AHA) for being a “Fit-Friendly Worksite”
• 2015 Great Place to Work® and Fortune list of “50 Best Workplaces for Camaraderie”
• Ranked #3 on 2015 “100 Best Workplaces for Women list” by Great Place to Work®
Texas Health provides an environment for optimal success and we pride ourselves on providing eligible employees with a variety of great benefits which include:
• Matching 401 (K) plan, Flex Spending Accounts and a Credit Union
• Tuition reimbursement
• Wellness and Career Development Programs and Adoption Assistance
• Competitive compensation packages / Relocation Coach
• Medical, dental and vision insurance for eligible employees
• Life, AD&D and Long Term Care Insurance and Disability Coverage
• On-site Child Care and Fitness Centers (at select locations)
• Company Volunteer days
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
“RN", “Registered Nurse", M/S, “Medical Surgical", “Med/Surge", “M", “Medical and Surgical", “MS RN", “Medical Surgical Nurse", “Medical Unit", “Post Surgical" “Sigma Theta Tau", “ “BSN", “Associate Nurse" “Diploma Nurse" “BSN" “Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing" “**Nur" “, “nurse clinician", “clinical nurse", “Medical Surgical Tele", “TX, North Texas", “Fort Worth", “TX, North Texas", “Fort Worth", "Telemetry", 'PCU", "Progressive Care", "PCCN", "Travel Nurse", Agency Nurse", "Sub acute", “LTAC”, “Long Term Acute Care”, “Acute Care”, "Critical Care", "ICU", "Intensive Care Unit",
At Texas Health Specialty Hospital Fort Worth we put a lot of value in time. By maintaining a low nurse-to-patient ratio, we have the opportunity to impact the progress of our patient’s health over our average 25-day length of stay. This means the time for you to really make a difference in your patient’s quality of life. Our 10-bed, long term acute care hospital, located within Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth, offers an environment for you to use your clinical expertise to provide individualized and holistic care for patients with intensive nursing needs. We care for those with medically complex cases every day, such as:
• Ventilator-dependent patients with rehabilitation potential
• Multiple trauma patients
• Patients with complex wound care
• Multisystem failure patients
Consider a career at Texas Health Specialty.