Dallas, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Dallas
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas is seeking an ERCP Tech (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography Tech) in the Gastro Lab Department.
Full Time: 40 hours per week
Minimum Education Requirements:
High School Diploma or GED
Minimum Licensure/Certification Requirements:
Successful completion of CPR within 30 days of hire required. Certified Nurse's Aide, Medical Assistant, EMT, or military corpsmen preferred
Minimum Experience Requirements:
3 years GI clinical experience preferred
Minimum Skill Requirements:
A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, advanced technical skills and ability to function in a fast-paced environment
- Follow patient care plans per unit guidelines.
- Priorities of care are revised according to patient/physician needs.
- Communicate information timely, complete, accurate and reported to appropriate team member.
- Assist with vital signs, orients patient to room, verified patient identification with armband.
- Prior to GI and biliary procedure, sets up room, and verifies necessary equipment and supplies are available and functioning properly.
- Prepare any additional equipment that may be necessary after individual patient assessment.
- Knowledge of GI and biliary disease processes and procedures to efficiently anticipate procedural events.
- Handle instrumentation from basic diagnostic to complex therapeutic procedures.
- Operate and troubleshoot fluoroscopy equipment efficiently.
- Perform procedure for time-out, including confirmation of correct patient, correct site, correct procedure and available equipment in correct time sequence.
- Utilize two patient identifiers prior to performing procedures.
- Follow hand hygiene and infection control guidelines, wears required PPE when appropriate.
- Complete Safety checklists/quality controls as required.
- Incorporate age specific safety measures under the supervision of a nurse
- Disinfect/operation of automated scope washer or manual wash.
- Label specimens correctly.
- Verify correct information on EndoPro, and for endoscope reprocessing.
- Assist in Prep/Obs as available.
- Provide transport assistance of patient belongings
- Assist with environmental sanitation of the GI Lab.
- Individualize care based upon age specific needs for the listed age groups.
- Utilize equipment appropriate to age group.
- Adapt technical procedures to reflect age-specific and developmental considerations.
- Gather, document and report Age- specific pain data to the nurse.
- Communication is adapted based on age specific needs.
- Provide interventions that support developmental and age-specific needs per unit-specific criteria.
- Consider cultural and religious beliefs in delivery of care
- Perform other duties as requested.
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas is an 898-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical program leader, having provided compassionate care to the residents of Dallas and surrounding communities since 1966. A full-service regional referral center, Texas Health Dallas has approximately 3,500 employees and 1,100 physicians on its medical staff, and offers a full range of services, including cancer care, cardiology, neuroscience, orthopedics, senior care, women's services and a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Dallas has been recognized as a U.S. News and World Report Best Hospital in multiple specialties and is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers . The hospital is also a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, a certified Emergency Stroke Care center and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Dallas County in 2012. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.