Plano, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Plano
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano, a 366-bed Magnet-designated hospital, is hiring for a full time Manager Patient Access Services.
Minimum Education Required: High School Diploma or equivalent. Preferred: College degree, equivalent experience in Patient Access Services or healthcare related office.
Minimum Licensure/Certifications Required: Admitting Manager Accreditation is preferred (CHAM or CHAA).
Minimum Experience Required: Minimum three (3) to five- (5) year’s experience in business office management positions in a healthcare or related organization. Previous management experience in a hospital based emergency, inpatient, and outpatient registration as well as scheduling preferred.
Minimum Skills Required: Typing or PC skills, medical terminology, organizational skills. Good verbal and written communication skills.
Work Hours/Schedule 40 hours/1st shift variable.
- Staffing department based on volume making adjustments as necessary.
- Managing payroll ensuring that time is being recorded and paid appropriately. Minimize manual payroll corrections through weekly review of payroll data.
- Ensuring employee attendance at town halls, brown bags, and employee forums.
- Ensures the department complies with regulatory standards.
- Timely follow through and response to issues or complaints (i.e. SALT investigations completed within 30 days, patient complaints addressed during hospital stay or within 24 hours post discharge, and CMS 7 day requirement is met).
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external clients.
- Ongoing education of staff on service expectations, including service recovery.
- Effective use of Leader Listening Rounds to proactively identify and resolve potential issues.
- Patient satisfaction indicators have been met.
Quality and Performance Improvement
- Understand basic core measure standards and be able to describe how these measures relate to our strategic objectives.
- Develop a plan for incorporating core measure compliance into daily workflow.
- Develop a plan for educating, measuring, monitoring, and improving performance on the patient safety KPIs, including hand hygiene, patient identifiers, and timeouts if applicable.
- Create a mechanism for continuous quality improvement on the individual unit, to include at least one focused project per year in an area of need identified by the unit.
- Tier 2 observations with monthly reporting.
- Volume targets have been met.
- Revenue targets have been met.
- Expense targets have been met.
- Labor productivity at 95% or above
- Overtime and call back targets have been met.
Human Resource Management
- Timely completion of employee reviews.
- Retention indicators have been met.
- All mandatory training for staff completed.
- Initial and annual competency assessment of staff completed timely.
- Annual employee health screening of staff completed.
- Ensure that all employees maintain current licensure, certification, and registry as required by their job.
- Vacancy rate indicators have been met.
- Employee engagement survey participation goals have been met.
- Department engagement/partnership goals have been met and action plans have been completed.
- Employee engagement results for direct management meet established targets.
- Recognition of employees through Applause and Shining Star Programs.
- Ongoing monitoring and management of staff performance using the disciplinary process as appropriate.
- Participates in hospital initiatives (i.e. fund raising events and community events)
- Serves on hospital and system based committees as appropriate
- Maintains current licensure and certification as required by position.
- Adheres to hospital and system policies
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano is a 366-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical leader, providing technologically advanced care to Plano, Frisco and surrounding communities since 1991. This full-service facility features a full range of specialties including emergency medicine, cardiology, adult and adolescent behavioral health, pediatrics, an adult intensive care unit, state of the art and technologically advanced surgical services and a Level III NICU. Texas Health Plano has more than 1,600 employees and over 1,360 physicians on its medical staff in more than 65 specialties. The hospital is an Advanced Level III Trauma Facility, accredited Chest Pain Center by The Joint Commission, named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Collin County and a Gold-Level Mother Friendly business. Texas Health Plano is the recipient of the Disease Specific Care Certifications from the Joint Commission in Chest Pain, Joint Replacement – Hip and Joint Replacement – Knee and an Advanced Certification as a Primary Stroke Center. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.