Arlington, TX US
LAUNDRY - LINEN
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Arlington Memorial
6:00am-2:30pm Rotate weekends
HS Diploma or Equivalent preferred.
6 months related experience preferred.
Ability to understand equipment operation manuals written in English and carry out written or oral instructions
Distributes clean linen:
• Linen is transported from the laundry in a clean covered linen cart
• Linen Aide replenishes the clean linen shelves and stocks the distribution carts according to each department’s par level utilizing the linen management system.
• Additional linen is delivered as requested.
Picks up soiled linens daily from designated areas of the hospital with clean empty sanitized carts and transports to the soiled linen room for proper sorting and processing. Transports soiled linen to back dock area for soiled linen pick up and clean linen delivery.
Follows safety and infection control practices when:
• handling and disposing of regular and medical waste, and the handling of soiled linens
• practicing hand hygiene techniques
• Using standard and isolation precautions.
Loads and unloads washing machines and dryers. Ensures clean, dry laundry is placed in linen carts for distribution
Texas Health Arlington Memorial Hospital, a 369-bed acute-care, full-service medical center has been serving Arlington and the surrounding communities since 1958. Hospital services include comprehensive cardiac care, women’s services, neurosciences, cancer services, orthopedics, emergency services and an advanced imaging center. Texas Health Arlington Memorial has over 1,600 employees, 250 volunteers and 630 physicians on its medical staff. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence. For more information, visit TexasHealth.org/Arlington.