Dallas, TX US
Area of Interest:
Patient Support Services
Texas Health Physicians Group
Texas Health Physicians Group seeks to hire a Medical Assistant/Scribe to work Full Time at Orthopedic Specialty Associates in Fort Worth, TX.
The schedule for this position is Monday - Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm
Under the direction of the physician and practice manager, this position is responsible for proficient translation of medical procedures and diagnosis discussed during treatments or office visits into the electronic medical record (EMR).
The ideal candidate would possess the following:
*High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
*Graduate of Accredited Medical Assistant program within 30 days of hire is required
*5 years of Medical Assistant experience in a physician's office in lieu of Medical Assistant Program is required
*1 year of Medical Assistant experience is preferred
*Scribe training within first (3) months of employment is required
ACLS or BLS is preferred
• Ability to perform EKGs, draw blood, and administer injections as needed by assigned clinic.
• Ability to effectively communicate to staff and patients.
• Demonstrated knowledge of examination, diagnostic and treatment room procedures.
• Through knowledge of the meaning and use of medical terminology and abbreviations.
• Demonstrate sound judgment and composure with the ability to take appropriate action in questionable or emergency situations.
• Maintains a positive, caring attitude towards patients.
• Good computer skills using a medical management application.
• Possess a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism.
• Reviews documentation for accuracy and completion in accordance with practice guidelines.
• Assists in completing charts by transcribing results of any lab, x-ray, consultation, and/or other pertinent data into appropriate data fields as required.
• Records consultations or discussions with the family and/or any other medical or non-medical specialty service. Records diagnosis, discharge, prescriptions, and/or follow-up instructions.
• Greets and prepares patients for the health care provider.
• Performs general patient care by following established standards and procedures. Obtains and records vital signs including but not limited to, blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respiration, height, weight, drug allergies, and current medications and presenting problem.
• May be required to draw and collect blood samples from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis. May perform routine tests such as EKG’s.
• Administers ordered medications and/or vaccines via oral, injection, topical, rectal, ophthalmic, and/or inhalant administration.
• Communicates with patients regarding test results and plan of care by phone or mail as directed by physician. Schedules patients for diagnostic testing and follows up to ensure completion of testing.
• Prepares, cleans and sterilizes instruments and maintains equipment, disposing of contaminated items according to protocol. Keeps patient exam rooms stocked, clean and orderly.
• Documents patient plan(s) of care, tests and examination results in the medical record as directed by the provider. Ensures safety checklists/quality controls are completed as required. Provides for patient safety and protection of patient privacy rights.
• Escalates non-routine issues, questions and/or concerns to the practice manager or healthcare provider(s).
• Performs other duties as assigned by practice manager, more senior staff, or as requested by healthcare provider(s).
Texas Health Physicians Group (THPG) includes more than 800 physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants dedicated to providing quality, patient-safe care at more than 240 offices located throughout the DFW Metroplex. THPG members are active in group governance and serve on multiple committees and councils. Ongoing Texas Health initiatives, like the Diversity Action Council and Living the Promise, have helped to create an inclusive, supportive, people-first, excellence-driven culture and workplace, making THPG a great place to work.