Fort Worth, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Fort Worth
Minimum Education Requirements:
Bachelor's Degree Exercise Science, Kinesiology, Health Promotion or related field required
Minimum Licensure Requirements:
CPT - Certified Personal Trainer (NCCA-accredited personal training certification (ACSM, NSCA, ISSA, NASM or ACE) required upon hire
BCLS 30 days from date of hire
Minimum Experience Requirements:
3 months personal training experience
Group fitness training experience in a business setting preferred
Minimum Skill Requirements:
Ability to communicate in English using a variety of media
Good interpersonal and customer service skills
Ability to perform fitness testing and demonstrate safe and effective exercise on all types of fitness equipment
Working knowledge of fitness center computer software preferred
Work Hours/Schedule: PRN (as needed), variable hours between 5:00am-8:00pm with some weekends required
Essential Job Functions:
Personal Training & Group Fitness:
• Assesses member needs and develops and implements specialized exercise regimens.
• Ensures the fitness program meets the needs of the client which may include elements such as Personal Training, nutrition advice, Group Fitness training, etc.
• Direct supervision of clients performing exercises to ensure they are executed correctly.
• Modify regimes as needed to meet client and/or Fitness Center needs and/or capabilities, while ensuring the regime is safe and beneficial to the client.
• Maintains complete exercise and personal documentation for each client.
• Educates personal training clients and prospective members on facility offerings (group fitness, personal training, etc.), how to use equipment, etc. to promote a positive member experience and attract and retain membership numbers.
• Actively promote self and fitness center training programs to attract and retain client base.
• Suggests alternative exercises, facilitates sharing of equipment, and makes other adjustments as needed during crowded times in the Fitness Center.
• Cleans and disinfects exercise equipment as needed.
• Visually inspects equipment for safety, initiates actions to correct deficiencies and reports repair needs or unsafe conditions following departmental guidelines.
• Ensures that clients are appropriately greeted and checked in at each visit.
• Records all Personal Training, education, and Group Fitness sessions as required.
• May answer calls, assist with membership paperwork, document and collect payments, etc. as needed.
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth is a 726-bed, Magnet-designated regional referral center that has served the residents of Tarrant County and surroundings communities since 1930. Hospital services include cardiovascular care, high-risk obstetrics, gynecology, orthopedics and sports medicine, neonatal intensive care, and trauma/emergency medicine. In early 2014, Texas Health Fort Worth will be opening a new 75,000 square foot Emergency Services Center, one of the largest in the region. Texas Health Fort Worth has more than 4,000 employees, 200 volunteers and nearly 1,000 physicians on its medical staff. Texas Health Fort Worth recently received national recognition for its oncology program and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Tarrant County. The hospital is also a designated Cycle III Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.