Medical Office Receptionist THPG-Allen
Dallas, TX US
Crescent Family Medicine
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Physicians Group
Texas Health Physicians Group is seeking to hire a Medical Office Receptionist at Crescent Family Medicine in Allen, TX.
The Medical Office Receptionist is responsible for performing a variety of general administrative support duties associated with the patient intake process and performs routine duties within the clinic.
Primarily Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
*May occasionally involve longer hours
High School Diploma or equivalent required
Six months of healthcare experience preferred
• Knowledge of insurance authorization/billing requirements.
• Demonstrated strong customer service and communication skills.
• Organizational and time management skills.
• Proficient computer skills.
• Knowledge of clinic procedures and regulatory requirements.
• Possess a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism.
• A team player who handles multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
• Performs patient check-in at the time of visit and completes all paperwork necessary to ensure the admitting process is efficient and all clinic and regulatory policies are in compliance.
• Answers phone calls and directs them appropriately.
• Schedules appointments according to office guideline.
• Obtains accurate patient and insurance information, collecting copays and deductible amounts.
• Copies/scans patient access related hard copy materials (e.g. ID, referrals, insurance cards, etc.) into the correct location in the electronic medical record.
• Prepares charts for patient appointments making sure all necessary information is complete.
• Conducts all functions associated with patient check-out including pricing services, collecting patient responsibility payments and scheduling follow-up appointments.
• Performs duties involving record filing and retrieval and assisting with the filing of registration documentation in electronic medical records.
• Confirms next day appointments and alerts patients as to what documentation is needed, including details associated with time-of-service payment.
• Follows up with patients regarding the Missed Appointment Policy and sends out the appropriate communications.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Texas Health Physicians Group (THPG) includes more than 800 physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants dedicated to providing quality, patient-safe care at more than 240 offices located throughout the DFW Metroplex. THPG members are active in group governance and serve on multiple committees and councils. Ongoing Texas Health initiatives, like the Diversity Action Council and Living the Promise, have helped to create an inclusive, supportive, people-first, excellence-driven culture and workplace, making THPG a great place to work