Certified Surgical Tech (FT) - New Grads Welcome
Stephenville, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Stephenville
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Stephenville is seeking a Certified Surgical Tech in the Surgery Department
Full Time: 32 hours per week
Mon-Fri Day Shift
Required minimum education:
Post High School Vocational Training or Equivalent
Required minimum experience:
One year current operating room experience preferred. New Grads Welcome to Apply
CST - Certified Surgical Technologist graduate of an accredited surgical tech program
CST - Certified Surgical Technologist graduate/completion of a military training program in surgical technology
LVN - Licensed Vocational Nurse
BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support
* Intra-operatively displays skills and behavior conducive to desirable outcome.
* Assists in providing peri-operative care for a patient population that includes Infants, Pediatrics, Adults, and Geriatrics.
* Preoperatively assists R.N. circulator in formulating plan of care.
* Assists as needed in coordinating patient care peri-operatively and assumes responsibility and accountability for behavior in order to maintain standards for professional nursing practice.
* Post-operatively follows proper procedures for care of instruments, supplies and equipment. Under supervision, assists RN circulator with post-operative duties.
* Assists in the delivering of nursing care in a manner that minimizes the risk of transfer of infection and accidental contamination.
* Assists in delivering care in a manner which protects the patient from injury.
* Continuous Improvement: Care is provided with an emphasis on continually improving quality, service and cost effectiveness.
* Demonstrates competence in assisting with the performance of age appropriate patient care that is specific to the unique physiological and anatomic aspects of life from the very young to the older adult.
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Stephenville is a full-service, 98-bed hospital serving Erath and surrounding counties since 1926. The hospital offers surgical services, women’s and infants’ services, advanced diagnostic imaging, sleep lab and a wound care program. Texas Health Stephenville has received accreditation as a Level IV trauma center, Cycle III Chest Pain Center by Society of Chest Pain Centers and Breast Imaging Center of Excellence. The hospital was named a Baby-Friendly Hospital by the World Health Organization and received Pathway to Excellence® designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Stephenville is about an hour away from Fort Worth, so if peaceful surroundings in a rural area are the style you're looking for in your career, consider Texas Health Stephenville.
BENEFITS AT A GLANCE:
• 401(k) Retirement Plan
• Health Care Benefits
• Wellness Program
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Life Insurance
• AD&D Insurance
• Disability Coverage
• Long Term Care Insurance
• Other benefits: Adoption Assistance, and Credit Union