Dallas, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Dallas
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas is seeking a Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) Lead for their Laboratory. This position is for Bone/Tissue OR Services Coordinator, Blood Bank Technologist
• Full Time; 1st Shift
• Monday – Friday, 0630-1500
Required Minimum Education:
• Bachelor of Science degree in Medical Technology, Clinical Lab Science or Chemical, Physical or Biological science (proof required)
Required Minimum Experience:
• 4 years’ experience in a hospital laboratory which includes clinical internship
• Preferred: 2 years supervisory experience.
• MT(ASCP), MLS(ASCP) OR equivalent (AMT, AAB, HHS, NCA, HEW, CLS- CA, FL, NY state license, Philippine Board of Technical Technology) OR ASCP specialty certification for specific discipline. Preferred MT(ASCP), MLS(ASCP).
• Strong positive interpersonal skills
• Ability to read, write and speak English clearly
• Problem solving ability, time management skills
• Possess organizational skills to function successfully in a fast paced work environment
• Computer literate in Word, Excel or other data bases
• Administrative skills to compile statistics and maintain logs
• Ability to multitask
• Preferred: Experience with Cerner Millennium LIS.
Shift Supervision of Medical Technologists and Lab Assistants
•Monitors results, quality control, etc to verify that testing is performed accurately
•Monitors policies and procedures and updates as required.
•Monitors phlebotomy collection metrics.
•Responsible for training, competency and staffing of 3rd shift personnel.
• Oversees quality control, maintenance, proficiency samples, and testing in order to satisfy accrediting agency requirements.
• Provides leadership and a communication link between the technical staff and the manager, operation and medical directors. Assist staff in solving technical problems. Schedules staff for workload.
• Prepares reports and collates information for projects, new procedures and instrumentation. Participates in budget and redesign. Manages supplies, reagent inventory, and cost.
• Complies with safety and infection control continuous improvement programs and continuing education programs.
• Comply with department guidelines, procedures and policies.
•Performs complex laboratory procedures.
•Reports results accurately.
•Recognizes and investigates deviations from expected results.
•Is familiar with testing methodologies and their limitations.
•Evaluates and solves problems related to the collection and processing of biological specimens for analysis.
Quality Control/ Equipment Maintenance
•Demonstrates understanding of QC guidelines.
•Performs routine quality control and maintains accurate records.
•Recognizes out of range control results.
•Follows laboratory policies when QC is not within established limits.
•Demonstrates appropriate skills required to properly maintain equipment and solve instrument malfunctions.
Special Projects / Complex Assignments
•Performs special projects as assigned.
•Participates in laboratory in-services and education programs
•Is responsible for evaluation of new techniques and procedures in the laboratory
•Implements new methodology into the laboratory under the direction of the laboratory management and medical directors.
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas is an 898-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical program leader, having provided compassionate care to the residents of Dallas and surrounding communities since 1966. A full-service regional referral center, Texas Health Dallas has approximately 3,500 employees and 1,100 physicians on its medical staff, and offers a full range of services, including cancer care, cardiology, neurosciences, orthopedics, senior care, women's services and a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Dallas has been recognized as a U.S. News and World Report Best Hospital in multiple specialties and is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers . The hospital is also a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, a certified Emergency Stroke Care center and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Dallas County in 2012.We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.