Prosper, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Prosper
Texas Health Neighborhood Care and Wellness Center in Prosper, TX, is seeking an Admissions Specialist PRN for their Patient Access Services Department.
• PRN “As needed”
• Variable shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays
Minimum required education:
High School Diploma or Equivalent required
Minimum required experience:
1 year of related experience required
2 years of Hospital/Physician Office admissions experience preferred
Certified Healthcare Access Associate (CHAA) certification preferred
Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
Strong focus on customer service
Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
*Obtains accurate financial and complete demographic information during Pre-Admission and/or Registration pertaining to the patient account.
- Collects demographical information and reviews with patient.
- Keys required information.
- Assures accurate information is forwarded to other departments.
- Accurately gathers demographic and Billing/Insurance Information to ensure Medical Records/Billing Processes flow efficiently. Collect known patient expense to reduce AR.
- Accurately inputs information to computer system to include scanning and E-signature of patients.
- When applicable, review the physician order for validation of complete order.
- Completes required forms such as the Medicare Secondary Payer Form and other forms required to file a patient claim.
- Reviews on-line Advance Edits, Auditlogix, NEBO responses and perform necessary action to correct the patient account. Distributes corrections as appropriate.
- Ensures that all mandatory fields are completed and patient billing is not delayed due to on-line edits.
*Presents and thoroughly explains legal, ethical, and compliance related documents.
- Maintains knowledge of local, state government, federal, and THR charity programs.
- Provides all payment options: cash, checks, major credit cards/debit cards and THR Financing.
- Prepare and distribute required documents.
- Ensures proper consents are signed by applicable involved parties.
- Remain compliant with proper documentation with regards to history of account.
- Communicates effectively: “Informed Consent”, Patients Right and Responsibilities, “Your Right to Choose” and THR Financial Policies.
- Documents accounts appropriately with information related to collections and signatures.
- Effectively and professionally deals with patients.
- Demonstrates sensitivity and knowledge of varying age groups and cultures.
- Complete and correct information is given to patients.
- Greet patients in a timely manner. Minimize time between patients to maintain a satisfactory wait time or prevent patients from leaving the area without a completed registration.
*Coordinate accurate patient data to determine financial obligation
- Maintains knowledge of the Financial Policy and deployment of practices used within the department, as well as, Central Business Operations to resolve
- Calculate out of pocket expenses by using the Estimator and/or THR Payment Estimate template.
- Process(s) payments using the automated system (POS) preparing and distributing required documentation.
- Ensure collection of insurance co-payments, self pay deposits, and patient balances based on financial policy.
- Protects the integrity of the Medical Record. Elimination of duplicate identities (multiple identities per person), Overlays (same, identity for multiple
people), Shared Identities (2 or more people claim to be same unique identifier(SSN).
- Assist the patient in understanding the financial obligation for payment of their past/present medical bills.
- Documents accounts appropriately regarding payment.
- Performs proper patient ID.
- Reviews data fields on pre-registered accounts to ensure accuracy and on registered accounts for accuracy of all account data.
*Obtain and/or update verification of benefits and/or /pre-certification of test or procedure.
- Uses automated (NEBO) and manual processes to obtain information pertaining to the patient's benefits when applicable.
- Maximize reimbursement for services rendered by ensuring appropriate identification of insurance carrier, benefits and known patient shares.
- Prevent denials by timely notification of admission to insurance carriers
- Responsible for registration functions which include bed status changes, placing patients in a bed, going to the inpatient rooms to register patients at the bedside and pre-admitting patients who are direct admissions or transfers from other facilities.
- Contacting the referring facility or nursing supervisor to obtain information needed to adequately pre-register/register patients in a timely manner.
- Actively participates in hospital initiatives or committees as appropriate.
- Attends 75% of department staff meetings and town halls.
- Adheres to system, hospital, and department policies and procedures.
- Completes mandatory training by established deadline.
- Completes employee health requirements by established deadline.
- Maintains licensure, certification, and/or registry as required by the job description.
- Recognizes and communicates ethical and legal concerns through established channels of communication.
- Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Performs other work as requested that is reasonably related to the employee's position, qualifications, and competencies
Texas Health Neighborhood Care and Wellness Center Prosper, a facility licensed under Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano, serves the Prosper, Celina, Little Elm, Cross Roads, and surrounding Collin County communities. The campus of Texas Health Prosper offers comprehensive medical services that include Diagnostic Imaging, Clinical Laboratory, Community Fitness Center, Physical Therapy, Sports Rehabilitation, Hand Therapy, a 24/7 Emergency Department, and physician offices.