Fort Worth, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Southwest
Texas Health Resources has been named a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® second year in a row. We are committed to improving the health of the people in the communities we serve.
Texas Health Southwest has a full-time RN opportunity in their ICU Department (18 bed) providing high acuity level of care to a wide variety of patients at a 2:1 patient to nurse ratio for patients with diagnosis such as respiratory failure, multisystem organ failure, renal failure, cardiovascular issues, isolation patients, etc.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
Graduate of a NLN (National League of Nursing) or CCNE (Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education) accredited nursing programs.
RNs hired within THR after January 2017, require completion of BSN within 2 years of start date.
Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire
AHA BCLS upon hire - expiration date greater than 3 month preferred
AHA ACLS upon hire
CPI within 60 day of hire
NIHSS within 6 month of hire
One year experience as a clinical nurse, or completion of an RN residency program
ICU experience preferred
A high degree of confidentiality, positive inter-personal skills and ability to function in a fast-paced environment
Basic Computer skills
Hours/Schedule: Full-time; 3/12 hr/shifts; 7:00 pm - 7:00 am; Weekends and holidays included.
Practices within the regulations of the Texas Nurse Practice Act
Serves as a role model, intra/interdisciplinary collaborator and coordinator for quality patient care
Why Texas Health Resources?
Our facilities are located across the greater Dallas – Ft. Worth area with a centrally located corporate office in Arlington, TX. We are one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the US that has the resources to offer a variety of career growth and professional development opportunities with equally remarkable benefits. Join our award-winning Texas Health family and contribute to our mission “to improve the health of the people in the communities we serve”. A few recent accomplishments we achieved include:
• 2015 and 2016 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®”
• 2015 “Healthiest Employer in North Texas” by Dallas Business Journal and 2015 Fortune “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials”
• 2015 “Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles” by the National Business Group on Health (marking the sixth year THR has received this award)
• 2015 and 2016 Platinum-level recognition from the American Heart Association (AHA) for being a “Fit-Friendly Worksite”
• 2015 Great Place to Work® and Fortune list of “50 Best Workplaces for Camaraderie”
• Ranked #3 on 2015 “100 Best Workplaces for Women list” by Great Place to Work®
Texas Health provides an environment for optimal success and we pride ourselves on providing eligible employees with a variety of great benefits which include:
• Matching 401 (K) plan, Flex Spending Accounts and a Credit Union
• Tuition reimbursement
• Wellness and Career Development Programs and Adoption Assistance
• Competitive compensation packages / Relocation Coach
• Medical, dental and vision insurance for eligible employees
• Life, AD&D and Long Term Care Insurance and Disability Coverage
• On-site Child Care and Fitness Centers (at select locations)
• Company Volunteer days
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
“RN", “Registered Nurse", “Sigma Theta Tau", “BSN", “Associate Nurse" , “Diploma Nurse" , “Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing", “**Nur" , “nurse clinician", “clinical nurse", “Medical Surgical Tele", “TX, North Texas", “Fort Worth", “TX, North Texas", "Telemetry", 'PCU", "Progressive Care", "PCCN", "Travel Nurse", Agency Nurse", “Acute Care”, ”ICU”, Critical Care”, ”Intensive Care Unit”, “CCRN”,
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest Fort Worth is a 222-bed full-service facility that includes surgical and imaging services, a 24-hour emergency department, orthopedics and sports therapy, adult critical care, and a Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Southwest Fort Worth, which has been serving Tarrant County residents since 1987, has 1,100 employees, 120 volunteers, and more than 600 physicians on its medical staff. The hospital is a Pathway to Excellence® designated hospital by American Nurses Credentialing Center, a designated UnitedHealth Premium Surgical Spine specialty center and has earned Quality Respiratory Care Recognition from the AARC. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.