Cert Medical Asst/Reception Lead-Lake Worth Health
Greater Fort Worth Area, TX US
City FW Emp Hlth Ctr-LakeWorth
Area of Interest:
Certified Medical Assistant
THPG Greater Fort Worth Area
Texas Health Physicians Group seeks to hire a Certified Medical Assistant/Receptionist Lead to work Full Time at the City of Fort Worth Employee Health Centers in Lake Worth, TX
The schedule for this position is Monday - Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm
This position provides leadership support for both front and back office staff.
The ideal candidate would possess the following:
High School Diploma or Equivalent is required
2 years of front and back office experience in a clinical setting is required
*Certified Medical Assistant is required
*ACLS and BCLS is preferred
*Non-Certified Radiologic Technician is preferred
• Ability to accurately perform EKGs, draw blood and administer injections as needed by assigned clinic.
• Ability to perform multiple tasks in one setting.
• Ability to work independently and with a team.
• Ability to effectively communicate to staff and patients.
• Demonstrate knowledge of examination, diagnostic and treatment room procedures.
• Thorough knowledge of the meaning and use of medical terminology and abbreviations.
• Demonstrate sound judgment and composure with the ability to take appropriate action in questionable or emergency situations.
• Demonstrated attitude of respect and compassion towards patients, family members and all members of the healthcare team.
• Good computer skills using a medical management application.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
• A team player that can handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
• Assists in identifying & providing guidance in resolving operational issues
• Efficiently directs patient flow throughout the clinic
• Provides direction and support to clinic staff as needed
• Directs and guides back and front office in monitoring and expediting workflow
• Formulates and documents patient care plans, charts, tests and examination results in the medical record
• Administer medications or vaccines as ordered
• Performs general patient care by following established standards and procedures
• Assists Practice Manager in ensuring policies and procedures are being followed both clinical and non-clinical
• Assists Practice Manager with facilitating training of new hires and other training initiatives. Also provides assistance with ensuring appropriate staff coverage
• Assists in scheduling patients for follow up testing or procedures
• Handles medical and office supply orders and inventory control
• Performs others duties as assigned
Texas Health Physicians Group (THPG) includes more than 800 physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants dedicated to providing quality, patient-safe care at more than 240 offices located throughout the DFW Metroplex. THPG members are active in group governance and serve on multiple committees and councils. Ongoing Texas Health initiatives, like the Diversity Action Council and Living the Promise, have helped to create an inclusive, supportive, people-first, excellence-driven culture and workplace, making THPG a great place to work