Plano, TX US
Food - Nutrition Services
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Plano
Full Time - Variable Shifts between 6:00am - 2:30pm and 11:00am - 8:00pm, including weekdays, weekends and holidays
A high school diploma or its equivalent as accepted by the Texas Education Agency; or obtain a high school diploma or equivalency program expected to lead to graduation or equivalent within 1 year.
2-year relevant experience in high volume restaurant, hospital, or Institution
***Restaurant experience highly preferred***
Meet all city, state and federal certification standards. Will be completed within 30 days of employment.
Reading, basic math, written language in English.
Ability to meet time standards required by production schedule.
Extensive knowledge of kitchen equipment operation and maintenance.
Good communication and organizational skills. Ability to exercise independent judgment. Demonstrate initiative in assuming responsibilities. Must be cooperative, discreet and courteous in handling visitors and employees.
* Prepares food according to production sheets following simple or complex recipes, utilizing appropriate equipment. Demonstrate ability to follow recipes, production sheets, and prepare food according to recipes.
* Produces high quality products; utilizing creativity and training, in producing food items that are aesthetically pleasing and taste appealing. Demonstrate creativity and training. Produce high quality products that adhere to recipe and department standards. Produce food products that are aesthetically pleasing and taste appealing.
* Observe and taste food prepared to verify flavor and texture standards. Understand department standards of food quality and recipe taste. Demonstrate ability to adjust recipes.
* Suggest menu or recipe changes so food will be used before expiration dates. Demonstrate judgment and creativity. Be able to read and understand menus. Have knowledge of recipes.
* Organize for work for maximum. Demonstrate ability to organize work. Read, follow, and understand production sheets. Demonstrate actual production.
* Check food temperatures before serving; follow standards for food safety and sanitation. Demonstrate and verbalize temperature food safety standards. Demonstrate proper procedure for taking temperatures and corrective action when necessary. Understand HACCP sanitation and safety guidelines.
* Performs other job duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano is a 366-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical leader, providing technologically advanced care to Plano, Frisco and surrounding communities since 1991. This full-service facility features a full range of specialties including emergency medicine, cardiology, adult and adolescent behavioral health, pediatrics, an adult intensive care unit and a Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Plano has more than 1,600 employees and 1,200 physicians on its medical staff in more than 67 specialties. The hospital is a 2008 TAPE recipient, a Level III trauma center, a designated Cycle III Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, hip and knee Center of Excellence and certified Primary Stroke Center. The hospital has also been named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Collin County and a Gold-Level Mother Friendly business. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.