Arlington, TX US
Area of Interest:
Patient Support Services
Texas Health Arlington Memorial
Texas Health Arlington Memorial seeks to hire a Paramedic to work the 2nd shift, 11a (1100) to 11p (2300), full time in the Emergency Department. The work schedule for this position is inclusive of rotating weekends and holidays.
At Texas Health we are dedicated to finding people to help us fulfill our commitment to make health care human again. We staff our exemplary hospital with health care professionals who approach every patient, every colleague, every physician and every family member with compassion. Come join us on our Journey as we rise to the next level.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- High School graduate or (GED) equivalent.
- A minimum of six (6) months acute patient care experience; strongly preferred with at least one (1) year with city, county or private EMS experience.
- Current Texas Paramedic certification with current CPR and ACLS;
- Possesses organizational skills to function in a fast paced environment, positive interpersonal skills, good verbal and written communication skills, able to perform basic computer skills. Positive interpersonal skills and ability to function in a fast-paced environment;
- Must possess knowledge of medical terminology and be customer service focused;
- Able to perform basic computer skills - Use the EPIC/Care Connect computerized charting.
- One or more years of Paramedic experience;
- Flexibility with schedule.
Assists in the identification of ineffective and costly processes and takes action to improve them.
Participates in the process improvement activities within the department/hospital.
Provides assistance to patient according to written plan of care.
Collects patient data, identifies and reports significant findings to nurse.
Assists in admission/transfer/discharge.
Revises patient activities of daily living based on patient/family preferences.
Performs technical procedures safely and proficiently.
Takes action to reduce or eliminate patient risk.
Enters orders into computer or manual system, if applicable.
Documents accurately and appropriately.
In collaboration/consultation with nurse, adapts care to reflect age-specific and developmental considerations; incorporates cultural/ religious needs and beliefs into delivery of care.
Maintains and enhances patient care skills.
Seeks assistance and supervision when performing unfamiliar tasks.
Serves as a patient advocate.
Complies with personnel policies i.e. Attendance, ID badge, Dress Code, et. al.
Communicates per department expectations.
Recognizes and communicates ethical and legal concerns through established channels of communication.
Uses CPM (Clinical Practice Guidelines) philosophy to work in partnership with patients, families, physicians, peers, and all other disciplines.
Adapts to changing needs of unit, re: patient census, workload, and crisis situations.
Functions as Mentor/Resource in the training and evaluation of practice partners (if selected by Manager).
Uses Unit Based Council communication structure.
Acceptable use of interpersonal relationship skills with patients, families, co- workers, physicians, all disciplines, and other customers.
Flexible with scheduling to help meet departmental/patient needs.
Adapts to changes in workload assignment to meet changing needs of the individual patient or the unit.
*As part of your employment with Texas Health Resources, you, and any qualified dependents, may be eligible to take advantage of the comprehensive benefits program offered to eligible employees. Texas Health Resources has an award winning benefits program that has been widely recognized. A sample of these offerings is below:
• Texas Health’s medical, dental and vision insurance programs.
• Paid time off (PTO) plan which accrues on a biweekly basis according to your status, hours worked and employment tenure.
• Texas Health’s 401(k) retirement plan with generous company match after twelve (12) months of service.
• Life, long-term and short-term disability.
• Health care and day care flexible spending accounts.
• Tuition reimbursement.
• Employee Assistance program.
• Texas Health’s Be Healthy wellness program.
• Various employee discounts on products and services program.
Why Texas Health Resources?
• 2017 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (3rd year in a row)
• A 2015 and 2016 “Healthiest Employer in North Texas” by Dallas Business Journal (in Top 3 both years)
• 2015 and 2016 Platinum-level recognition from the American Heart Association (AHA) for being a “Fit-Friendly Worksite”
• 2016 and 2017 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare"
• Named by Hospital & Health Networks magazine as one of the nation’s 2016 “Most Wired” health care systems for the 16th time in 18 years
• Platinum-level recognition in the 2016 Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles® awards, sponsored by the National Business Group on Health (eighth year to appear on the list but is our first time to receive the Platinum award)
• Stage 7 Revalidation~ Texas Health Resources recently earned revalidation recognition for the premier award for electronic health record (EHR) adoption
• Largest Blue Zones® Project Approved™ Worksite in the world (2016)
• 2016 annual LearningElite award — ranking #44 on the national list of best organizations for learning and development by Chief Learning Officer magazine
• #7 in The Dallas Morning News’ “Top 100 Places to Work” in 2016 (fifth year in a row to be in the top 10)
Texas Health Arlington Memorial Hospital, a 369-bed acute-care, full-service medical center has been serving Arlington and the surrounding communities since 1958. Hospital services include comprehensive cardiac care, women’s services, neurosciences, cancer services, orthopedics, emergency services and an advanced imaging center. Texas Health Arlington Memorial has over 1,600 employees, 250 volunteers and 630 physicians on its medical staff. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence. For more information, visit TexasHealth.org/Arlington.